Sunday, September 15, 2019

UGANDA: Why it is only Museveni who can authorise command raid on court - @USAmbUganda @JustinTrudeau @SejuDav @KaleKayihura @HeBobiWine @MugishaMuntu @KizzaBesigye1 @FDCofficial1


WHY ITS ONLY MUSEVENI WHO CAN AUTHORIZE A COMMANDO RAID ON COURT

CHANGE OF GUARDS - Museveni's reign of terror has not spared the Judicial and legislative arms of government.  There have been repeated raids on both courts of law and Parliament.  The Justices, Judges, Magistrates and officers of court in general have been subjected to immense ridicule and humiliation by the Museveni regime.  Parliament has severally been raided and some opposition Members of Parliament beaten up, arrested and detained.  Ordinary Ugandans have suffered the brunt but to some extent they have sometimes sought refuge in courts and Parliament.  That is why Museveni's current offensive is concentrated on total destruction of these two institutions.

In all the atrocities that have been going on for the last 33 years, Museveni's blessing is paramount.  However, being the master of deceit, Museveni has attempted to exonerate himself from the state inspired atrocities.  In public, he attempts to disprove the highhandedness of his security goons but in private he encourages them to double the brutality.  That is why no single security personnel has ever been successfully punished for torture and other human rights violations.  In instances where the public pressure is high, the regime has pretended to reprimand its officers but only for the matter to be swept under the carpet.

Following the gruesome torture of the Mayor of Kamwenge by his security goons in May 2017,  Museveni wrote to all security chiefs over the use of torture in criminal investigations.  In the letter, he said;
    "The use of torture is unnecessary and wrong and must not be used again if it was being used as I see some groups claiming in the media."

No one was punished for that particular gruesome torture but instead his security goons doubled their efforts in subjecting Ugandans to a reign of terror.  In August 2018, his security goons pounced on a photo journalist, James Akena and battered him in full view of the cameras.  Museveni responded by arguing that he had been briefed by his security agencies that;

      ".....the Journalist was mistaken to be a petty thief and rioter trying to steal a Journalist's camera."

The regime claimed that the implicated security goons would be reprimanded but instead the matter was as usual swept under the carpet.

The following month, in October 2018, an opposition activist, Yasin Kawooya was brutally kidnapped in fully view of the cameras by gun wielding security goons in civilian clothes.  The army came out to apologize and pretend to reprimand the culprits.  However, Museveni came to their defence during his regime caucus at State House.  He said that the said security goons had been acting in self defence.

    ".......when I inquired, the concerned people told me that the suspect had bitten him (security goon).  That is very serious because some of the criminals have got infectious diseases.  Our officers can be infected in that way and that should be an extra charge put on him."

His above statement marked the end of the so-called reprimand process and the matter was simply swept under the carpet.

However, in his usual deceitful modus operandi (MO), he went ahead to write to the heads of his security agencies posturing to issue guidelines on arrests.  Among the guidelines, No. (f) hypothetically stated that:

   "The arresting officers should always identify themselves so that the public knows that they are legal operators.  Therefore, the security personnel should be patient, restrained, but also firm.  If the criminal resists arrest, wrestle him down and handcuff him."

Obviously, in private he must have as usual told them to double their efforts in promoting the vice.  Since then, unabated daylight kidnaps by his security goons is the order of the day.  Just last week, on September 11, Museveni used his social media account to issue a stern warning to the judiciary.

     "........we need to make this clear to courts.  It must be an eye for an eye.  Nothing less will be acceptable.  We need to work on the courts."

The following day, on September 11, his heavily armed security goons in civilian clothes raided the High Court and violently kidnapped four accused Muslims together with their Lawyer.  The four had just been granted bail  by the High Court.  Both the army and the Minister of Security vehemently defended the kidnap and made it clear that "government has no apologies."

The judiciary and other stakeholders have issued the usual empty statements and as the norm the matter is closed.  Moreover, this is not the first time security goons are raiding courts of law to reverse its decisions.

From the a foregoing, it can be authoritatively argued that there is no single security agency that can carry out a daylight raid on courts of law to kidnap citizens without the approval of Museveni.  The same applies to establishment of torture chambers dubbed Safe Houses, the blocking of M.Ps from carrying out their oversight functions, the raid on Parliament, the proliferation of security agencies and defying of court orders.

In October 2015, while at a public function in Nrungamo, the former Police Chief, Gen. Kalekyezi plainly enumerated Museveni's role in the actions of his security agencies.

      ".........“For us we are small people; agents. I work on order; the commander-in-chief’s order.  When you are going to war, the commander-in-chief (President) gives you instruments of war. He gave me an order.... Do I have a choice? If I don’t do this, he dismisses me, and, of course, I like my job.”

If there is anyone in doubt, I challenge you to commence criminal proceedings (whether private or public) and you see how far you can go.

The brutal show of force was as usual meant to further instil fear in both the judiciary and the general public.

INFORMATION IS POWER AND THE PROBLEM OF UGANDA IS MUSEVENISM





WHY THE RAID ON COURT WAS  SANCTIONED BY MUSEVENI

CHANGE OF GUARDS - Museveni's reign of terror has not spared the Judicial and legislative arms of government.  There have been repeated raids on both courts of law and Parliament.  The Justices, Judges, Magistrates and officers of court in general have been subjected to immense ridicule and humiliation by the Museveni regime.  Parliament has severally been raided and some opposition Members of Parliament beaten up, arrested and detained.  Ordinary Ugandans have suffered the brunt but to some extent they have sometimes sought refuge in courts and Parliament.  That is why Museveni's current offensive is concentrated on total destruction of these two institutions.

In all the atrocities that have been going on for the last 33 years, Museveni's blessing is paramount.  However, being the master of deceit, Museveni has attempted to exonerate himself from the state inspired atrocities.  In public, he attempts to disprove the highhandedness of his security goons but in private he encourages them to double the brutality.  That is why no single security personnel has ever been successfully punished for torture and other human rights violations.  In instances where the public pressure is high, the regime has pretended to reprimand its officers but only for the matter to be swept under the carpet.

Following the gruesome torture of the Mayor of Kamwenge by his security goons in May 2017,  Museveni wrote to all security chiefs over the use of torture in criminal investigations.  In the letter, he said;
    "The use of torture is unnecessary and wrong and must not be used again if it was being used as I see some groups claiming in the media."

No one was punished for that particular gruesome torture but instead his security goons doubled their efforts in subjecting Ugandans to a reign of terror.  In August 2018, his security goons pounced on a photo journalist, James Akena and battered him in full view of the cameras.  Museveni responded by arguing that he had been briefed by his security agencies that;

      ".....the Journalist was mistaken to be a petty thief and rioter trying to steal a Journalist's camera."

The regime claimed that the implicated security goons would be reprimanded but instead the matter was as usual swept under the carpet.

The following month, in October 2018, an opposition activist, Yasin Kawooya was brutally kidnapped in fully view of the cameras by gun wielding security goons in civilian clothes.  The army came out to apologize and pretend to reprimand the culprits.  However, Museveni came to their defence during his regime caucus at State House.  He said that the said security goons had been acting in self defence.

    ".......when I inquired, the concerned people told me that the suspect had bitten him (security goon).  That is very serious because some of the criminals have got infectious diseases.  Our officers can be infected in that way and that should be an extra charge put on him."

His above statement marked the end of the so-called reprimand process and the matter was simply swept under the carpet.

However, in his usual deceitful modus operandi (MO), he went ahead to write to the heads of his security agencies posturing to issue guidelines on arrests.  Among the guidelines, No. (f) hypothetically stated that:

   "The arresting officers should always identify themselves so that the public knows that they are legal operators.  Therefore, the security personnel should be patient, restrained, but also firm.  If the criminal resists arrest, wrestle him down and handcuff him."

Obviously, in private he must have as usual told them to double their efforts in promoting the vice.  Since then, unabated daylight kidnaps by his security goons is the order of the day.  Just last week, on September 11, Museveni used his social media account to issue a stern warning to the judiciary.

     "........we need to make this clear to courts.  It must be an eye for an eye.  Nothing less will be acceptable.  We need to work on the courts."

The following day, on September 11, his heavily armed security goons in civilian clothes raided the High Court and violently kidnapped four accused Muslims together with their Lawyer.  The four had just been granted bail  by the High Court.  Both the army and the Minister of Security vehemently defended the kidnap and made it clear that "government has no apologies."

The judiciary and other stakeholders have issued the usual empty statements and as the norm the matter is closed.  Moreover, this is not the first time security goons are raiding courts of law to reverse its decisions.

From the a foregoing, it can be authoritatively argued that there is no single security agency that can carry out a daylight raid on courts of law to kidnap citizens without the approval of Museveni.  The same applies to establishment of torture chambers dubbed Safe Houses, the blocking of M.Ps from carrying out their oversight functions, the raid on Parliament, the proliferation of security agencies and defying of court orders.

In October 2015, while at a public function in Nrungamo, the former Police Chief, Gen. Kalekyezi plainly enumerated Museveni's role in the actions of his security agencies.

      ".........“For us we are small people; agents. I work on order; the commander-in-chief’s order.  When you are going to war, the commander-in-chief (President) gives you instruments of war. He gave me an order.... Do I have a choice? If I don’t do this, he dismisses me, and, of course, I like my job.”

If there is anyone in doubt, I challenge you to commence criminal proceedings (whether private or public) and you see how far you can go.

INFORMATION IS POWER AND THE PROBLEM OF UGANDA IS MUSEVENISM

No comments:

Post a Comment