Wednesday, May 17, 2017

#DaysOfElijah (#WilmingtonCelebrationChoir)



One of the most beautiful performances for Days of Elijah.  We still need to locate the same performed by a choir in Florida which was totally bombastic.

Behold He comes.

There is no God like Jehovah.

I have never been more proud of being a Christian than today May 17, 2017.  What is the occasion? We take so much for granted.  I remember teaching the girls to pull the hand brake and put the gear in neutral and then hit the call button in the car for 911.  Do you know what it feels like to not know that you will wake up in the morning?

Do you know what it feels like to have very small children, look at them and know you will die any minute and leave them with no mother?

Do you know what it feels like to be so sick that you can barely read or write and yet help your child with homework?

Do you know what it feels like for a mother struggling to just breathe to get a note from school that the kid is doing bad in Maths (she was being given assignments from a class above her) and you cannot find the mental strength to tell the teacher that the child is in grade 3 so why do you complain about her not doing grade 4 work?

Do you know what it feels like when the only phone number you can remember is the local ambulance?

Do you know what it feels like to have all the doctors and nurses call you by your first name?

I bet you had never thought of such minute things.  AND you in Uganda ask me why I do not return to fight for my people in Uganda?  Does Uganda have 30 units of plasma to treat me if I get a mostico bite and get malaria?

Non.  I bet you rather judge harshly.  So go ahead.  But I still say, NEVER JUDGE A PERSON UNTIL YOU HAVE WALKED 1000 MILES IN THEIR SHOES.  In my shoes, you would not even walk 10 miles.

Martha Leah Nangalama

No comments:

Post a Comment