Booking.com

Monday, April 17, 2017

Work can be done in #Uganda when you find the right team


Having your work done satisfactory in Uganda is not a walk in the park but when you find the right team, you can save a lot of money for your company yet moving away with professional services. 

This is a feel good story. My webmaster and I have been fighting for a month. His problem was expecting me to tell him what to do. My problem was expecting him to deliver what I wanted without having to give much details. It turned out to be a general problem. Ugandans expect to be hand held. They expect the employee to tell them exactly what to do. In fact, most people from North America and Europe expect the same.

 Finally in the end, we have a site that my Geek had to build on his own. I told him I wanted a news site and did not wanna know what technology he was gonna use because he ought to know more than me or else if I knew, I would have built it myself. Then the humbling moment. "Martha, I thought you would want to be more involved".

The problem is I cannot be involved because if I were to get involved I would take over the design. So hands off. This gentleman has built me something that fits me like a designer dress. Not only that, he had the audacity to tell me to use the site and I will be pulling more articles and stories from my blog to the site this gentleman has built for The Peril of Uganda. It is not easy to say someone did a great job when you are full of yourself and you think you are the best at what you do. I am now his student.

Do you remember when Bill Gates or Richard Branson or Steve Jobs (one of them) said "we do not hire people to tell them what to do. We hire them so that they can tell us what to do". Dear World, for all your Website and Digital marketing work, please consider this company in Uganda. You will not be disappointed. I do not promote any product or service I do not personally use.

The Company name is ElitNex Website Developers and we connected via twitter. They also have a Facebook Page and will quickly attend to your email via hello@elitnex.com

Martha Leah Nangalama
Moncton, Canada
IT professional with a business background for an oil company and with many years of Social Media.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment