Booking.com

Sunday, April 30, 2017

#Uganda need for immediate gratification will cost high


Uganda is taming a good lot of irresponsible citizens that if the future is left to them they will easily sell it off or destroy it.

A lot can be said to defend the cause for the rot but much can be attached to self annihilation that is traced to their rush for self gratification, the tendency to celebrate presumed victories and achievements.

I write this to rub off and do away with a great measure of experiences to forget, all result of working with youth and mostly Ugandan.

The story begins way back in 2008 when I won a scholarship. Since then I can count tens of enterprising young people whose focus has been harvesting, harvesting and harvesting then sow later. As I speak I have watched 8 of my acquaintances committed to court over integrity issues and 2 commit suicide over the same. Am even afraid I have to live with such people for the time I shall be resident.

I even wonder what religious guys have done. The number of prayer houses are overtaking schools but you don't see any change.

After writing this, I feel a little bit better but I need to buy a rope and maybe install a guillotine in my house. 

DENIS WABUYI

No comments:

Post a Comment