Friday, April 7, 2017

#Parent #Teacher interview at #MonctonHighSchool - #Canada #Education #NB411 @TrentUniversity


Such meetings involve the teachers telling the parents that the child has to improve this or work hard in that and most times you have skipped a few hours from your job so you are not in the best mood.

Until you meet the teachers who literally spend more time with your child than you do.  I hate those meetings.

Today was a great day.  All the teachers were wonderful and said nice things about Mini.

One teacher that inspired me to return to school and this time pay attention or perhaps go into Pedagogy and also teach was the French Teacher.

This woman was walking on water the minute we walked into her classroom.  Her English is not the best but she has a sign on her class "Ici on parle le francais" so the meeting proceeded in French.

It is not daily that you run into someone like her.  So very passionate about her job. Exhibiting the love for what she does for her job and the love for her students.  She blew me away to the point where I thought "if all people could love their work the way she does then all would be okay".

This woman lives and breathes her job.  An incredible teacher and I now understand how the love and passion we put into what we do, if we do the love of our lives, we can make a difference.



When we finally said goodbye our kid said "yes. That is my teacher.  She is a great teacher.  What you saw today is what she does daily.  Her classes are the most awesome."  By this time I was already convinced to return to school anyway not so much that I need to return to school but I wanna see a teacher who can ignite a fire like this woman does.

It is very easy to give up on learning and teaching but when the student is ready, the teacher will show up.

The day taught me that the kid is in the best hands in the best school, in the best province and the best country.  I swear when you meet this teacher, you will want to return to school and even take French because she makes it sound very wonderful.

Martha Leah Nangalama
Moncton, Canada
PS: It was on the way out that I told her that I come from an English speaking country and she said but given how I was speaking French, she would never have guessed.  Dr. Franklin was very hard on me at University and my high school French teachers were even more brutal.  Je vous remercie milles fois.

No comments:

Post a Comment