Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Office of PMO #Canada responds to @Mlnangalama on #HumanRightsAbuse in #Uganda @StateHouseUg



http://nangalama.blogspot.com/2017/04/office-of-pmo-canada-responds-to.html

Prime Minister/Premier Ministre

12:06 PM (11 minutes ago)
to meMarie-Claude
Dear Ms. Nangalama:

On behalf of the Right Honourable Justin Trudeau, Prime Minister of Canada, I would like to acknowledge receipt of your correspondence. I sincerely regret the lengthy delay in replying.

Please be assured that your comments have been carefully reviewed. The issue you raise falls within the portfolio of the Honourable Marie-Claude Bibeau, Minister of International Development and La Francophonie. I have therefore taken the liberty of forwarding your email to Minister Bibeau for her information and consideration.

Thank you for taking the time to write.

T. Jolicoeur
Executive Correspondence Officer
for the Prime Minister's Office
Agent de correspondance
de la haute direction
pour le Cabinet du Premier ministre

>>>   From : Martha Leah Nangalama  mlnangalama@gmail.com      Received : 19  Nov  2016 01:15:05 PM   >>>

>>>   Subject : Why does Canada send money to Uganda?   >>>>

?

?Martha Leah Nangalama
New Brunswick, Canada
Twitter: @mlnangalama
Email: mlnangalama@gmail.com
November 19, 2016
------------

Prime Minister of Canada
Hon. Justin Trudeau
Hill Office House of Commons Ottawa, Ontario Canada K1A 0A6

Dear Hon. Justin Trudeau,

Re: Why does Canada send money to Uganda?
-----------

With a broken heart, I ask the question because Canada's continued support
of the military fascist regime in Uganda is helping to hurt my people in my
country of birth.

I left Uganda before I could vote. All my life in Canada, I have always
voted Liberal for I believe in the liberals.

My love is dying though.

When Uganda stole some 430 million Euros from The Global Fund, it was a
Canadian in charge.  Did Canada cut off funding to Uganda?

In 2013 and 2014, gross abuses against basic human rights were committed in
Uganda. And those abuses continue as I write this letter. Did Canada cut
off funding?

In our illusion that we are making a difference in Uganda, we use our tax
dollars to support a killer regime.

Here is the bitter truth. The money never reaches the ones who need it. In
fact, I dare you to visit key universities in Canada and have a coffee with
the International students from Uganda.

Meanwhile in Canada, we have poverty all around us (if you drive away from
The Bridle Path or Sussex Drive).

Canadians are suffering. Our kids are barely surviving in our universities
because you would rather give scholarships to International students.  We
have kids graduating with $100,000 in student loans because you would
rather give free school to kids of thugs who kill their own people.

I have a kid at UofT and one at UPEI. Another little monster will join in
2yrs. I have sold everything except the roof so my kids can get an
education.

Do you know how infuriating to see Canada send money to dictator Museveni
whose kids did not even attend university in Uganda?

What about us? What about Canadians? Why not cut off all the money to
Uganda and help Canadians?

Trump may be a bit nuts but he ran on a campaign of America first. He won.
I bet if a racist, sexist, homophobia, islamophobia and anti immigration
pops up in Canada, it just might win. I will vote for it too.

Martha Leah Nangalama
Canadian citizen of Uganda origin.
ENOUGH! Je suis a l'aise en francais.

https://nangalama.blogspot.com/2016/11/humanrights-open-letter-to-hon-justin.html?m=0

No comments:

Post a Comment