Booking.com

Saturday, April 29, 2017

Don't cry for me #Uganda - I am also a work in progress


I do not take your love and concern for granted. When you choose to fight for something you believe in there is no surrender or turning back.

I thank everyone who daily tells me that we are doing the right thing.

The right thing to do comes back to being able to pay the bills and feed your children.

Today is the day I have first written to the US Secretary of State.  It even scares me to think that I found the courage to write what I did.

As much as you are concerned about my safety or losing a good salary, there is no way in hell Exxonmobil will stop paying me simply because I brought the cause of my people to the former CEO of Exxonmobil.  This company has policies to protect enployees.  I was not talking on behalf of the company (I have never done such).  I was talking about the 11 million starving Ugandans.

It would be pretentious of me not to tell the world about the suffering of my people.

My employers know little about Uganda.  They will not penalize me for telling them that my people are eating termites.

Some Ugandans had the audacity to say I have been away from home for a long time.  I challenge you to use Google and see how much I fight for Uganda.  I never left home.

Martha Leah Nangalama

Moncton, Canada

Please judge me gently.  I am still a work in progress.

Sinead O'Connor "don't cry for me argentina"

Sinead O'Connor "don't cry for me argentina"

No comments:

Post a Comment