Booking.com

Sunday, April 9, 2017

#BetteMidler - "Wind Beneath My Wings" (Official Music Video)




My sister Rebecca died when this was our favourite song.  I did not listen to it for 10 years.  Bette Midler's lyrics are very powerful.

Those who have watched the movie BEACHES will remember that scene when a young Bette Midler auditioned for a performance and liked this other kid.  That kid was from a very rich family and the parents of this kid gave Bette Midler money.  Midler asked them why they had given her money.  The wonderful mother of the other kid replied "This is to keep you honest".

Bette Midler soon became the bestest BFF with the other kid and in the end the rich kid was dying of cancer and Midler was at her bedside.

Bette Midler said goodbye to her childhood friend and took her new daughter and went to the beach with now her daughter and then sings.  YOU ARE THE WIND BENEATH MY WINGS.

The rest is History.

Martha Leah Nangalama

Rebecca Wandeka, fly, fly away.  You let me let fly so high I even did not know that you were the wind beneath my wings.  You let me nearly touch the sky.  Thank God for you the Wind Beneath My Wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment