Booking.com

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

#Ugandans need brain transplants to understand @KCCAUG evictions



In 2014 when the ED (means something else in North America) Jennifer Musisi said that Ugandans need brain transplants to understand things, I thought it was a bit harsh but 3yrs later I now see clearly because the rain is gone and the sun is shining brilliantly and we do need need brain transplants.

We should have built a brain transplant factory 3yrs ago because today I fail to understand that after all the warnings from Musisi some of you think that we should have beggars on the streets of Kampala.

I fail to understand why some of you do not buy canoes to navigate to work when the roads flood. Should you not even know to avoid the manholes or drainage pipes?  AND that whole nonsense of water or slums...what exactly is your problem?  I only lived in Nakasero and Mbuya with my relatives in Kololo so I do not understand why you do not move to such places and you complain about Bwaise flooding and your floating mattresses.  Some of you even tell me there is dust on the streets but exactly how am I to understand such misery when there is no dust on the hills and we ride in cars with AC?  http://nangalama.blogspot.com/2017/03/ugandans-need-brain-transplants-to.html



You see,  I went to one of those schools.  I lived in one of those places. I used to walk to Owino, Nakivubo and Wandegeya to buy maize nearly daily and just walk home eating it and no one had any accident when I was looking.  Except this one time when 2 matatu bumped into each other and all of them died except one person and then that is even how the Mulago thing happened.  But at that time the hospital had medication, equipment and doctors.  That sister of mine walked out live.

Given everything that is happening in Uganda, I too need a brain transplant.  I think it will help me to forget that Kampala was not full of slums.  Or that Kampala, I could walk anywhere and buy maize (I always preferred the boiled one) or run all the way to Mulago to check if my sister had been given her medication.  Or perhaps to run to Owino just so I could get some mulokonyi and then walk back home dodging in crowds on the zebra crossings all the way home. Perhaps to also forget that the auntie we used to get all our food from in Kikubo also had kids in our age group and it was always nice to see her telling us to work hard at school.

WAIT, I do not remember what happened to all these elders that were in the markets always saving the best of their daily cooking in case those troubled picky kids showed up.  I am of course not angry, just hungry for that food from Nakivubo and Owino.  I wonder where they all ended up after their stalls were demolished or the markets were shut down.  I wonder how they now send their kids to school?  I remember none of them owning houses but renting mizigo so I wonder how they afford their rent.  Some of their kids used to be sick from things like cholera, malaria or typhoid but I never paid attention since I would always get the best medical care when sick.

One day I will try to understand their misery, their payment for DEVELOPMENT for Uganda and how their kids are doing now.  Maybe their kids have turned into beggars now or porters or maids for us on the hills in the expensive residences.  I sure hope their kids did not drop out of school just because their mother had lost her stall in the markets which we are making better or even the insanity of selling fruits and vegetables on the streets of Kampala.

That would not make sense since their parents ought to have had bank accounts with savings at nice banks like Crane or DfCU for the rainy day.  Why do some of them not listen to advice to save, invest and move up and leave poverty behind in a country where we hate the poor with a passion?  Why do they do not get bank loans too? POVERTY IS NO EXCUSE!


-----------------

The Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA) executive director, Jennifer Musisi, has said some Ugandans need "brain transplants" to transform their mindsets.
She said Uganda should set up ‘a factory to manufacture brain transplants’ for people who vandalize government property.
“You install security lights, road signage and they uproot them. You plant flowers they uproot them. I think some Ugandans need brain transplants to change their mindsets,” Musisi said.
The KCCA boss said ‘thugs’ have also vandalized KCCA garbage disposal bins and manhole covers.
"Vandals have damaged piped water supply systems, road signage, culverts, electricity installations and telecommunication masts across the country.

Vandalism has made delivery of services costly since government has to spend a lot of money in repairing and replacing vandalized property" she added.
Musisi was speaking during a consultative dialogue between KCCA and engineers, architects, lawyers, surveyors and real estate developers at President’s Office in Kampala on Tuesday.
The minister for presidency and KCCA, Frank Tumwebaze said the dialogue was aimed at providing an opportunity for the stake holders to give the authority a feedback on its operations and recommend better ways of doing business.
Others asked KCCA to rein in over speeding motorists who do not respect zebra crossings, noise and water pollution, improve communication and take action on owners of buildings without toilets and ground parking areas that have been turned into business premises.
NEW VISION Some Ugandans need 'brain transplants' - Musisi

No comments:

Post a Comment