Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Ojobile Augustine's statement on the #EALA elections - #Uganda #FDC




I WON IN THE FDC EALA RACE BUT DID NOT MAKE IT TO ARUSHA PARLIAMENTARY RACE

I thank all people against all odds who made my candidature become as strong as it was. Many people have always feared to come out open and say yes, this is what I believe in and I believe it shall create sanity in the future.

I took a bold move against all insults. I came out because of those insults you exactly poured at me. My candidature was not really Ojobile Augustine, it was this generation. How this generation is natured, is there a mechanism for growth in the current state of affairs.

My candidature shouldered all this shame of a typical youth who cannot afford lunch and is not sure of super, my candidature came out to show a typical youth who has no permanent house and is not sure whether he shall ever build one, I represented a typical youth WHO walks all day but may not even afford clean drinking water at the end, I represented this generation which is only expected to be relevant at times of demonstration but not even given an opportunity to sit and plan the how and methodology of that demonstration, my candidature was a signal that the few rich are not ready to share with the majority poor, my candidature was to drive home the message that this generation must be respected and offered a chance to take decisions that matter without compromising their thinking.

I appreciated those who said yes it is your time, yes you can make it. But in the same regard, I appreciate those who insulted me and betrayed me at some moment, you only made me stronger because what you said was exactly the reason as to why I came to stand for this position.

I thought my participating in the EALA was ineffective in the first place, but looking back at the amazing progress we have made on the youth platform, the series of interactions and idea building efforts with many party leaders as well as our relentless pursuit to build the FDC of our dreams, I realize how wrong I was and how much I had underestimated the meaning of the word CANDIDATE.

You ought to realize that greatness means lighting more fires and not being afraid that those fires may burn brighter than yours. It is me encouraging you to keep pushing and following your dreams not because I'm perfect but because as humans we have our down moments. It is also you supporting me to keep me moving, reminding me that impossible is nothing.

Believe firmly that greatness means growing together, sharing opportunities with one another or in fact creating our own opportunities. It is me, and you that can help us build our capacity.

Personal greatness is nothing compared to community growth and visionary progress we can achieve together.


THIA IS WHAT I CAME UP WITH TO FDC EALA AND I AM GREATFUL OF THE PROCESS BECAUSE I STARTED ON THE JOURNEY OF CHANGING THE MINDSETS OF OUR PEOPLE ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO THINK LEADERSHIP IS A MEANS OF ACQUIRING WEALTH AND RICHES.MY TRUST IS THAT WE SHALL HAVE A BETTER TOMORROW IF YOU CHANGE THE WAY YOU LOOK AT THINGS.

http://nangalama.blogspot.com/2017/02/ojobile-augustines-statement-on-eala.html

No comments:

Post a Comment