Booking.com

Sunday, October 30, 2016

#Children are resilient. Never under estimate a kid in #Parenting


I wondered why the girls did well at school after missing 31.5 days in that academic year while watching me on life support. I was in a medically induced coma and each time I opened my eyes, while pulling out all the tubes, the girls would be talking to me about their home work or returing from the ROM, AGO and the Phantom of the Opera.

Finally when I was airlifted back home, I was given time out of hospital. In the 4 weeks when I was touch and go, the girls learned to play music from the Phantom. They had seen it live on broadway in Toronto.

I finally get home and they are playing and singing Think of Me.Think of me. https://youtu.be/XfTgCPUJwRk

I then looked on Amazon for a book which coukd explain why the little monsters were acting like life was well.

Imagine my shock when I landed on Schmidt. I ordered many copies. The book is in French.

There is a teenager who is suicidal and about to do it. His parents even had no idea. There was not even social media for cyber bullying.

The evening when that boy had planned to take his life, his parents had bought tickets for a big concert. He went with them. The concert of MOZART.

The boy got home and wrote a letter to Mozart. Something like "but surely there must be a God for eho can compose such music without a God? Your music saved my life". The kid grew into a man. All for MUSIC.

Eric Emmanuel Schimidt has written many books addressing kids' emotions and lives. I have all his books.

But can you imagine that MUSIC can save lives?

I believe in MUSIC for life. For example the movie August Rush has a kid find his parents. If I ever become the Minister of Education, I will make music mandatory. Wakyili I have Olevel certificate and no Alevel but I do have an IB diploma. For all Ugandans. Shaaa.

https://youtu.be/RbafIbcO7m8

Martha Leah Nangalama
Moncton, Canada
Twitter: @mlnangalama
I am passionate about music for kids. All opinions are mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment