Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Muntu turns to God in face of impunity - #Uganda


[Some of you may have seen an article I recently wrote and shared saying Ugandans have lost compassion and we are no longer humans.  We do not care.  I have watched very man Ugandans mock Gen. Mugisha Muntu for praying and crying as he was praying.  Pray tell us, how many wars have you fought yourself? Many people pray a lot in war and cry a lot for heaven to help them win a battle. I am very proud that this once fierce general has found his human side and now prays and cries with all of us.  God will reward you Gen. Muntu.  You will see.  "At my weakest moment, I cried out to the Lord and asked why me.  I heard a voice saying, "on angels wings, I shall lift you up".]
FDC president Mugisha Muntu says “‪Free My Vote” campaign aims at riding Uganda of impunity.
“What we need is respect of the law by everybody,” the former army commander notes.
Muntu was speaking on Tuesday at the FDC head offices in Najjanankumbi along Entebbe road where officials gathered for prayers.
“Where we are as a country is not a good place; lots of anxiety and a regime willing to do anything,” Muntu said.
He observed that the stay at home campaign on Thursday is for people who might be less willing to make a public statement.
He invited all religious leaders to join them.
“A country can’t get lost before it’s religious leaders are lost.”
He said prayer is one of the avenues the opposition is turning to.
On the same day, police clashed with FDC supporters who attempted to march to Dr Kizza Besigye’s home to swear him in as the new president.
Dressed in T-shirts labelled “I can’t breathe”, the supporters stormed Kasangati in defiance of Besigye’s continued detention.
“By the grace of God, I’m confident that this country will achieve freedom and justice,” Muntu states.  ‪
http://www.theinsider.ug/muntu-turns-to-god-in-face-of-impunity/

No comments:

Post a Comment