Booking.com

Thursday, March 24, 2016

Jesus is the way, the truth and the light - for Christians.


One time when I was going through a very difficult time, this one pastor in our parish, pastor Cayo took me aside and said he could see a lot of pain and hurting in my eyes.  Then he dropped the bomb.

"Martha, God loves you so much that He will put you through burning fire so that you can come out shining like gold.  When God has work for you, He prepares you for it.  One day you will see why you are going through this seemingly hard time".

I do not think that Cayo even remembers those words.

God has put me through hell and back.  When I say that I am a living walking miracle, believe me, I have enough friends in Canada who can testify to this. 

What us humans (and Christians) desire most is instant gratification.  But life does noT work this way.  It is like getting a job during the holidays, you taste a bit of money and then you drop out of school not realising that if you continue in school, the pay back will be much bigger.

I am thinking that God does not really want us to desire instant gratification.  He wants us to wait, be patient, pray, ask and then let God.

Our time tables are not the same as God's schedule.  You can talk to Him all you want and I have even screamed at Him far too many times to admit and He has never talked back.  He never talks back.  I want a good fight. If I am yelling, for crying out loud, yell back.  If I am crying, I want to feel your hand on my shoulder telling me "do not cry".  If I am broke, I want Him to just put money in my bank account.  If I am sick, I pray and by gosh, He better heal me instantly.

The reason why God does not talk back is because He is too busy listening.  Listening to you and I. Listening to the world.  God allows us to make choices and we are the ones to suffer the consequences, good or bad so the choices we make in life really impact some of the things that happen to us.

Yet, even in all the choices we freely have, God is willing to take us back into His house via His son Jesus. Oh, but Jesus, so many times I have not trusted Him.  Who would leave heaven and come die here on this planet in between 2 thieves?  Was He meant to be in #Uganda?  There is much to learn about Jesus.  Uganda needs Jesus.  You have no idea. We need a saviour.

The Christians who judge others or claim that the "sinners" will go to hell while them who are so very righteous go to heaven obviously forget that "the last ones will be the first ones".  They also forget the last commandment "Love one another as I have loved you".  There were no footnotes to this one at all so I fail to understand why born again Christians put conditions around it.

I have written many articles about God's love.  It is unconditional.  Totally unconditional.  I have never understood why people put conditions around love.  The God who created us knows our weaknesses and strengths and His mercy endures forever.  I do not even like the word mercy.  I prefer Grace.

May the Grace of God be with you this Easter weekend and protect you, guard you and endure forever.

Martha Leah Nangalama
Moncton, Canada
mlnangalama@gmail.com
Whatsapp +15068716371

I have been a committed Christian for decades now.  I just do not shove my beliefs down people's throats.

HAPPY EASTER. 

No comments:

Post a Comment