Friday, December 25, 2015

DIFFERENT SOCIAL MEDIA FOR DIFFERENT PURPOSES-#UGANDA

So far, what I have learned about Uganda is how they communicate.

They are on Facebook using mostly FBzero (no data charges). Many use whatsap (data charges). Some use Skype, Viber and Tango.  They likely have other apps but I mind my own business.

Some months ago I wrote something about the difference between FB and whatsap. I now repeat it.

Facebook is internet engine searchable.  You use it when you want a global reach.  Facebook groups and pages have unlimited followers. Your personal page has a maximum of 5000 people but an unlimited number of followers. Everything you say on Facebook is accessible to the world.

Whatsap is internal. Nothing you say on it is internet searchable. Each group has a maximum of 100 people. In order for the information posted on whatsap to be known to the world, someone has to copy it and post it on another social media engine.  I exit whatsap groups daily because the audience is too small for my message that #MuseveniMustGo.

The biggest error I have noticed in the Museveni camp is deploying people in whatsap groups. I have told them to deploy them on Facebook or Google+ where we can have a real debate that is global. But since when do they listen to me?

Wimps hide. Tumujunde and team hide in whatsap groups.

By the way my kids are Tumblrs. Tumblr is amazing.  Then for calls and video chatting, we use Skype or WeChat.

Martha Leah Nangalama
Moncton, Canada
Bududa Hospital is a Death Trap. Hence, #MuseveniMustGo

No comments:

Post a Comment