Booking.com

Saturday, November 28, 2015

THE BIGGEST PUNISHMENT GOD GIVES YOU IS A COPY OF YOU LATER

This happened when I was young. I do not remember how old.  We were living in Mbuya #Uganda.  My father got frustrated with me one time and threw his arms in the air. I kept talking back, which is not allowed in my culture. Then this gentleman across the road happened to stop by.  God works in mysterious ways.

Mzee poured out his frustrations.  The elder (whom mzee respected a lot) told him "the biggest punishment God can give you is to give you a copy of yourself".

I am a spitting image of father in every way.  I swore I would never be a bad parent of any kind because I have always been afraid of God giving me a spitting image of me.

Mini said "Mom, get me some water please".  I replied "thank you for saying please, she never used to say it".  Then as I am getting the water, she blasts out "You are my sunshine, my only sunshine..". I join in.  She yells "it is not a duet".  I stop and she stops.  Then I blast it out.. "go away!".  Becky and Annet have repeatedly told me that she is my carbon copy.  WHY!!!  oh why?

Martha Leah Nangalama
Just a mother


No comments:

Post a Comment