Thursday, June 25, 2015

WE CANNOT HELP YOU TO GET JOBS WHEN YOU REFUSE TO HELP YOURSELVES

I have watched Andrew post many jobs with links to the jobs.  Sadly most #Ugandans comment on the posts with their mobile phones.  This is on Job Seekers Uganda.  Even others post job opportunities with email me or inbox me and still people comment with their phone numbers.

There is a reason why you are unemployed.  You do not follow instructions.  Granted, you may not know what a link is and yet all of the jobs Andrew posts require you to click on the post.  So some of you ask for "what are the requirements?" Then some proceed to tell about their life history.  Why when all you have to do is click on the link or follow the instructions of the person posting it?

http://nangalama.blogspot.ca/2015/06/we-cannot-help-you-to-get-jobs-when-you.html

Stop this insanity.  If you do not know what a link is, inbox me and I will guide you but to expect employers to read your phone and call you for a job in a country with 84% unemployment is nothing short of Butabika.  Please read and follow instructions.  It is frustrating for the people who are trying to help you.  Far too many commented with their phones and emails when I posted "I will send CV and Cover Letter samples if you email me at mlnangalama@yahoo.com".  This was very clear.  Then many dropped their emails in comments.  As if my assistant would read my FB and grab the emails.  Some of us have other responsibilities and we cannot baby sit you.  In fact, my assistant does not even have access to my FB so inboxing me or commenting with your email will never get to the person that sends the samples.

The other thing I have noticed is that Andrew posts Job Tips daily.  No one reads them as there are no Likes or Comments.  The information he posts is really great for your job search but since you refuse to go to the Internet Cafe and read, you miss a lot. The world is now a global village.  Most jobs are now online.  If you do not have MBs or access to the Internet, head to your nearest Internet Cafe and read.  It costs only sh. 500 for 30 minutes and you can get a lot accomplished in those 30 minutes if you stay off the silly things and focus on the job things.  The world owes you nothing.  You on the other hand owe the world a lot.  Stop being lazy, and oh yes, it is laziness that stops you from following instructions.  Also remember to write properly.  "hv no tym 2 rit ful wads" is not acceptable.  You will remain unemployed if you choose to write horribly.

Martha Leah Zesaguli (Nangalama)
Moncton, Canada
Born and Raised in Uganda
IT Professional with a business background, recruiting and social media


2 comments: