Booking.com

Friday, June 5, 2015

TO SHARE YOUR INFORMATION PUBLICLY OR NOT TO SHARE?

The guideline is to evaluate if your life is in danger or not.  Being from #Uganda, a country where people can disappear anytime with no trace, I have become aware of some reasons why people choose to use fake information on the internet.  Those whose lives are in danger must never disclose their real names, location and contacts.  The people who care about you usually will have your direct information off the internet.

If your life is not in danger, do not fool the world and use fakery.  The world will respect you for being you and transparent.  I can use my own self as an example.  Some #Ugandans think that I am a mole and work for the government to collect information about dissenters.  I kinda feel sorry for this group.  Then we have the ones who say that sharing my information publicly is not right because I will be arrested or hurt.  This group obviously knows nothing about freedom of speech which is guaranteed in the constitution in Uganda and Canada.  So telling me to not talk is actually violating my freedom of speech.

I have had some people ask me why I share information about my family as it could be used against the girls or myself.  My only response to this is "GOOD LUCK".   Not only can I defend myself in a court of law but the girls will shame anyone who dares go after them.

Back to Uganda, the world is not amused when you use fake names and pictures and pretend that you live in Sweden and work for the UN.  These things are very easy to verify.  I appeal to you to stop faking.  If you have nothing worth telling people, it is better to say nothing at all.  Not once have I ever said anything to anyone about me till asked.  Keep it simple and clear.

Employers and future recruiters / potential business partners / scholarship givers ALL read everything you say on Face Book and every comment you make.  It is a very simple thing.  One opens up a browser and types your name.  If nothing comes back, you might have used a fake name on the internet.  If your name shows up, Face Book is one of the top things on Google searches so your profile will show up and lo and behold, you have a post dissing people or an inappropriate picture or your comments show up when you are abusing people based on race or gender.  Shaaaa, be careful.

In my case, you will find news, my profile says that I am a social justice advocate, with an Oil company and a community oriented person.  All my education, employment and contact information is on my profile.  If you put any of my names in a google search, you will find thousands of articles with my name.  So this also tells the world that the fake accounts set up using my information are fake.  TRY IT YOURSELF, BE YOU.  THE WORLD WILL KNOW AND REMEMBER.  When Lubowa Hassan set up fake accounts to cyber bully me, many Ugandans knew right away that it was not me.  Your identity online is very important.  It will spare you from being faked and abused.  One other thing is Lubowa had no idea that Face Book does not allow people to inbox me unless they send me a friend request and I accept it.  His post was "Martha Leah Zesa, do not contact me here but inbox me at Martha Leah Zesaguli".  All the crashers soon found out that they could not contact me. SO you see, even the fakers and thieves do not take the time to know much.  They will have a hard time stealing your identity if you take the time to make the world know who you are.

For God and My Country
Moncton, Canada
Born and Raised in Uganda (Bududa District)
Martha Leah Zesaguli (Nangalama)
BELIEVE! I wept because I had no shoes until I saw a man who had no feet." Ancient Persian saying  I am a Social Justice and Human Rights Activist. Find me on Face Book.  All my opinions are mine and do not reflect on any employer or organisation. 
Mobile +1-506-871-6371

No comments:

Post a Comment