Booking.com

Monday, June 15, 2015

ARRESTING THE SUPPORTERS OF THE OPPOSITION WILL BACKFIRE #UGANDA

Dear Hon. Museveni,

Papa mulembe naabi.

I woke up to the news of Mbabazi declaring that he will run for presidency.  I was not surprised about his final announcement.  What shocked me was to read that some of his supporters have been arrested.

I have written to you many times of the issues which affect #Uganda.  I am sure that you are wrong on this one.  Arresting people just because they support someone who dares to stand up against you is a very big mistake.  You are strong on your own but having opposition people arrested displays your weakness. Why are you afraid of the opposition (well at least this is what is being portrayed)?  A strong democracy relies on a strong opposition.  The world is watching how you treat the opposition.  Be very careful about this.

Please order for all the opposition supporters to be set free and then stand on your great work for Uganda.  Your works should talk for you but intimidation of the opposition will backfire.  Mbabazi will likely get sympathy votes from all these arrests.  You also have to now face the fact that the opposition are coming after you with various candidates standing up for presidency.  The prudent thing is to tell everyone of your good work instead of silencing the opposition.  They sympathy vote is very powerful.  The more your people harass the opposition, the more the sympathy will go to the opposition.  I had not thought that the opposition was united enough to go after you but now read what is coming out.

The other thing I wanted to talk to you about is Freedom of Speech.  Stop getting the people over expressing their opinions.  How else would you know what ails Uganda without hearing their voices. I was happy to hear that Robert Shaka got bail.  You have no idea what the arrest of Shaka has done to your reputation.  I wish your advisers could really know how Social Media works.  This story was picked up globally.  I think that was a mistake.

You want to run as the president for Uganda in 2016, for your credibility, do not run as the Sole Candidate because that defeats the purpose of Democracy. Run yes (I might even support you) but run without harassing the opposition.  The images from Dr. Besigye being brutalized are all over the internet.  So will be everything now about Mbabazi, Kiyingi, Muntu, etc..  Use your strengths instead of not allowing the other candidates to talk and then even arresting some of their supporters.  Intimidation is a sign of a weak candidate.  I assure you that you will be sorry for intimidating the opposition.  Ugandans are now fully awake and many love you but the love is dying daily when you display yourself as a dictator.

You know where to find me. I will always say what I read from our people.

Martha Leah Zesaguli (Nangalama)
Moncton, Canada
Born and Raised in Uganda (Bududa District)
+1-506-871-6371
For God and My Country

No comments:

Post a Comment