Booking.com

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

BRAIN DRAIN FROM #UGANDA CANNOT BE BLAMED ON THE RECEIVING COUNTRIES

Before I get down to this one, I would like you all to know that I did not leave Uganda because of politics.  I did not leave Uganda for any other reasons except that I got a scholarship that changed my life and this is why I am now here to talk to my people in Uganda about the key issues in our country.

Brain Drain from Uganda has happened for many reasons and please allow me to mention the ones I think have caused it.  All my information is on the Internet and I would welcome anyone who has other ideas to contact me so that we can tell our story.

1) The politics of Uganda, murders and intimidation forced many people to leave the country.  They ended up in countries where they could get great education and employment and get peace.

2) The arbitrary arrests, tortures and murders of some people's relatives got the young thinking about their futures so they ran out.  In fact, some of the people abroad were tortured and watched their families killed.

3) Some Ugandans have integrity and could not stand the rampant stealing in our country so they left.

4) Our hospitals have no equipment for our health care professionals and no chance in hell to even compensate them properly - so our doctors and nurses leave and you wonder why?

5) You feed Parliament and State House and ignore our future leaders.  Consequently, the young people are leaving the country for greener pastures.  You can even try to stop them but a tide never subsides until it is time for it to go down.

6) You have taken far too much land from our villages and clans such that not many of us want to stay at home anymore.  It used to be that we could all get jobs in Kampala and go home every month and help our elders with the food growing on our lands.  Not any more.  You have taken our lands from us and our elders are dying in poverty with no food or medicine.  My heart broke when I had to take my mother from the village in Bududa into the city just so she could stay alive (she is doing well by the way) but there was nothing left in the village where even GISO participate in murders of people who will not give up their land.  Did I just hurt your feelings?  I can do better than that by the way.

8) All the Ugandans you meet online have a story to tell.  We all agree on one thing.  Our country has impoverished our people and prevented us from returning home to build a nation.  We are ready when you are ready.  Exile is not a privilege (I fly home a lot and I am not in Exile but I know most of my brothers and sisters abroad who cannot fly home peacefully the way I do).

9) What is up with the hospitals, health centres, roads, medicine, etc..?  Never mind, these are minute things.  At least we got SLEEP so please enjoy your sleep and we shall join you soon.  Naturally after we know that our voices will not be labeled as TERRORISTS.

Wake Up Uganda?  Must I cry for my beloved country to tell you that you must demand for your rights?

For God and My Country
Moncton, Canada
Born and Raised in Uganda (Bududa District)
Martha Leah Zesaguli (Nangalama)
BELIEVE! I wept because I had no shoes until I saw a man who had no feet." Ancient Persian saying  I am a Social Justice and Human Rights Activist. Find me on Face Book.  All my opinions are mine and do not reflect on any employer or organisation. 
Mobile +1-506-871-6371

http://nangalama.blogspot.ca/2015/05/brain-drain-from-uganda-cannot-be.html



No comments:

Post a Comment