Sunday, April 12, 2015

WHAT IS SO AMAZING ABOUT GRACE - PHILIP YANCEY - REVIEWS

WHAT IS SO AMAZING ABOUT GRACE - PHILIP YANCEY.
I was trying to find a review of what I had written years ago about this book.  Imagine what I found. NANGI is my nick name from high school - my International friends. The great news is I have a copy of this book in Kampala. First, family, then friend, then other friend, then the rest of you.  When you read this book, you will see God as He was meant to be seen.  My library is Religion, Marketing and Computers.  How I wish I could ship my entire library to Uganda for the love of reading.
-----------------------

Most helpful customer reviews

1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
The book which tags at your heart strings
By "nangi" on April 23 2005
Verified Purchase
This book tagged at my soul, made my heart swell, brought tears to my eyes and made me think my chest was going to explode with a wonderful and powerful feeling. I was humbled and moved to the point where I let go of any hatred, resentment or anger I had against anyone. God is portrayed as non judgemental and unconditionally loving. What a love sick father! What a wonderful parent one can wish for! I have come to realise what a great friend I have in Jesus and what a wonderful father God is. I have no more fear in my heart and my life is so filled with happiness that I feel light like a feather. This book opened the door to more religions readings for me and appreciation of the Bible. I shake my head at the way Christians judge the people who most need our help and love. Yancey is onto something. Just to imagine that when you sin, you cut the cord which binds you to God who then makes a knot to re-attach Himself, consequently bringing you closer to Him than you ever were before the sin. Our preachers, pasters, reverends and priests should all read this book. Our churches and Christians would then become an instrument of God's love and kindness as opposed to judgement day and hell.
Was this review helpful to you?
Yes
No
See the customer review
Write a customer review
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)

Amazon.com:  6 reviews
23 of 26 people found the following review helpful
 The book which tags at your heart strings April 23 2005
By "nangi" - Published on Amazon.com
This book tagged at my soul, made my heart swell, brought tears to my eyes and made me think my chest was going to explode with a wonderful and powerful feeling. I was humbled and moved to the point where I let go of any hatred, resentment or anger I had against anyone. God is portrayed as non judgemental and unconditionally loving. What a love sick father! What a wonderful parent one can wish for! I have come to realise what a great friend I have in Jesus and what a wonderful father God is. I have no more fear in my heart and my life is so filled with happiness that I feel light like a feather. This book opened the door to more religions readings for me and appreciation of the Bible. I shake my head at the way Christians judge the people who most need our help and love. Yancey is onto something. Just to imagine that when you sin, you cut the cord which binds you to God who then makes a knot to re-attach Himself, consequently bringing you closer to Him than you ever were before the sin. Our preachers, pasters, reverends and priests should all read this book. Our churches and Christians would then become an instrument of God's love and kindness as opposed to judgement day and hell.
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
 Beautiful Book Jan. 28 2013
By Mary Margaret Brooks - Published on Amazon.com
Verified Purchase
I'm currently using this book in a book study group. We are reading the book, using the study guide and also the video that goes along with the study. The whole concept of extending grace to others because we've experienced God's grace is powerful and life changing.
 One of my absolute favorites June 6 2014
By A. Miller - Published on Amazon.com
Verified Purchase
I believe this book is one that everyone who is curious about or a serious student of grace would benefit by this fine read. When I first read it many years ago, I read it year for several years. Now I am enjoying it again immensely! When read with the Study Guide and the DVD it is a slam dunk. Our church is in love with "What's So Amazing About Grace".
 Forgive and Move On Oct. 4 2013
By MaLu - Published on Amazon.com
Verified Purchase
This is one powerful series. We are nearly finished with it in our Sunday School class, and the interest has been sky high. It is thought provoking, sometimes uncomfortable, but always Christ centered. The series is terrific, but I encourage everyone to read the book as well. The series is but a snapshot of the message that Philip Yancy develops in his book.
 Interesting Book March 14 2014
By James M. Bailey - Published on Amazon.com
Verified Purchase
I found this DVD interesting and taught a class on it but I liked his book and DVD on Jesus better.

No comments:

Post a Comment