Booking.com

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

UGANDANS MUST UNDERSTAND THAT THE WORLD IS NOW AWAKE TO OUR ISSUES.

Okay okay. Please wonder no more.  I started to write a book.  Then noticed that it was more like a Biography.  The book is called "None of Your Business".  I got stuck on this chapter (writer block) when he was in Bududa Hospital and there was no medicine to treat him.  His blood pressure was so terribly high and they had no IV to infuse medicine to reduce his pressure.  WORSE is my family had a vehicle waiting outside that death trap to rush him to Mbale Regional Hospital where his own long time doctor was waiting for him.  The Bududa Hospital Doctor told us the road was too rough and he would die in the car and then how would I feel?  I knew what he meant because I had been vomiting with every bump (yes, I get very terrible car sickness, same with airplanes, trains, boats, anything with motion.  The hospital which performed head surgery on me as a kid had no medication for father?  AND the road I used to travel every holiday to Kampala or Nairobi was so broken it could not accommodate a sick person to be transported?  My oldest sister and her husband even sent an ambulance (hired of course) only to go and find a dead body and embalm it?  I watch Ugandans talk about development.  Tell me one more time what you mean by that.  In Amin's time I got head surgery (tumor) in a village hospital which now has no medicine and you dare to come on an international forum and tell the world about the wonders of development in Uganda? Have you lost your mind or are you among the privileged who fly to Germany or UK for treatment?   So you steal some 430 million Euros from The Global Fund (meant for our healthcare) and then force your people to go to private health care providers?

I played this scenario out.  International Hospital Kampala (IHK) owned by you know who, insisted on sh. 5 million to attend to our sister Harriet (RIP), in cash.  I would normally have thought that every idiot and imbecile in Uganda can take Dr. Kizza Besigye​' s word that the money will be paid.  Nedda, apparently you cannot even rely on a name of a person who cannot even go buying his own food because too many Ugandans follow him around and cause "disturbance".  So in comes in Martha  Leah.  I have just gotten malaria.  Forget about Mulago, that place is also a death trap.  I head to IHK.  Do I have cash to pay to get admitted?  Nope.  But I have travel insurance via my employer.  Well, can your employer wire us cash immediately.  Employer is in North America and it is night over there and besides such an amount has to be authorized.  Employer gets wind of me near death and tries to fly me out.  Whoa.. even if they can charter the entire airline (Uganda Airlines), there are no planes.  The clock is ticking, I am on my death bed.  My organs are shutting off.  I am stuck in a country that STEALS all the tax payer money and donor aid intended for our health care.  I am also stuck in a country which has no airline.  AND I am stuck on bad roads, flooding streets in Kampala if it rains and to boot, some 3-4hrs to Entebbe (if the company managed to get a charter air ambulance to fly me out).

IF YOU ARE NOT ANGRY, YOU ARE DEFINITELY NOT PAYING ATTENTION.  Please now talk to me about the great development in Uganda.  I listen.  Thanks.

For God and My Country
Moncton, Canada
Born and Raised in Uganda (Bududa District)
Martha Leah Zesaguli (Nangalama)
BELIEVE! I wept because I had no shoes until I saw a man who had no feet." Ancient Persian saying  I am a Social Justice and Human Rights Activist. Find me on Face Book.  All my opinions are mine and do not reflect on any employer or organisation.
Mobile +1-506-871-6371

http://nangalama.blogspot.ca/2015/04/ugandans-must-understand-that-world-is.html



No comments:

Post a Comment