Booking.com

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

SOME #UGANDANS MUST STOP DEMANDING FOR THE ONES ABROAD TO RETURN HOME

As much as this might shock my friends and relatives in #Uganda, I have really never experienced racism in my entire life.  Some minor things but they happen to more whites than me.  So when Ugandans ask me how racist Canada is, I do not know.  When Ugandans ask me how racist Americans are against me and my family,  I do not know, because we live in Canada.  When Ugandans ask me why I do not return home and work there, I ask them how their hospitals, education and roads are doing.  It has become a balancing act of some sort.  No one in the right mind leaves the best education system for their kids for a pathetic one where even University graduates cannot write.  No one in their right mind leaves the best medical system in the world to end up in a country which does not even treat malaria.. and by the way, malaria causes pneumonia too.  No one in their mind leaves Canada to return to Uganda, the country which kills its own daily and has no security for any one at all.  Must we then take up guns?  I beg you to bear with me.  I shall not return to Uganda.  You might want to know that I did not leave #Uganda as a refugee but you must respect all who left as refugees.  I left on a scholarship in secondary school.  Yeah.. apparently I have a brain.

I beg all Ugandans to stop harassing the Ugandans abroad (diaspora) daily for them not returning home.  What exactly can you offer us more than Canada, USA, Europe, etc?  Some of you are lethal.  You inbox or email us to demand that we return home.  To what?  To your 84% unemployment?  Your NSWC feaces infilitrated water?  Your non functioning medical system?  Your horrible roads where people die daily because you even have no regulations to stop speeding?  OR do you think we will bring our kids to Uganda to learn to say "mi name z mini".  Cut this pressure out.  You are burning all of us out and it is a miracle we do not shut you all off.  We are all working in our own way but so many of you refuse to address the issues which affect you and your country and then you invite us back to do what which some 35 million people have failed to do?  The number of Ugandans abroad is around 3 million.  Yet you who are 35 million have failed your country and now ask, non, you demand, for the 3 million abroad to return home and fix your problems.

Again, who is poisoning the drinking water?

For God and My Country
Moncton, Canada
Born and Raised in Uganda (Bududa District)
Martha Leah Zesaguli (Nangalama)
BELIEVE! I wept because I had no shoes until I saw a man who had no feet." Ancient Persian saying  I am a Social Justice and Human Rights Activist. Find me on Face Book.  All my opinions are mine and do not reflect on any employer or organisation.
Mobile 506-871-6371

No comments:

Post a Comment