Booking.com

Monday, April 20, 2015

SLAPPING A GROWN MAN IN PUBLIC FOR THE MEDIA WAS A MISTAKE

Monday, April 20, 2015

SLAPPING A GROWN MAN IN PUBLIC FOR THE MEDIA WAS A MISTAKE
Dear Hon. Y.K. Museveni

Papa, mulembe naabi.

Many people are afraid to talk to you or write to you but I will never be afraid of you.  When my father died in Bududa Hospital due to lack of medicine (2000, the hospital still has no running water) and we could not take him to Mbale hospital where his own long term doctor was waiting for him, due to the bad road, I decided that you would be my father.  You know kids like to always have a parent.  I can relive that day and I have written to you about the experience. The anger which boils inside me is beyond repair.  You are not a very good father because you never write back. My father used to write to me weekly and reply to all my letters.  You, you are too busy.  I do not understand what you are busy with.  You could delegate things you know.  I think if you delegated some responsibilities, then you would free up some time.

This past week, the guard for Katikiro was slapped and disarmed.  Do you remember how Tunisia started? A woman slapped a young man who was selling fruits and the young man set himself ablaze. He was selling fruits and vegetables just to feed his family.  The paid officers threw everything away from his stand and the woman slapped him.  What your KCCA has done in Kampala is far above this.  Make no mistake about it, it set off the Arab Spring. In our African culture, it is a big insult for a woman to slap a man.  Mind you if a man slapped me, he would be sorry.

What is going on in Uganda is something you have to pay attention to.  Your advisers are not being true to you.  The people are very angry with you and most of us are telling them not to be angry at you.  Fire your PR team.  Who exactly thought it was appropriate for them to take pictures and show two men tying your shoes?  Our kids were tying their shoes at the age of 3 and prior, they had velcro shoes.  So imagine you appearing on international media with grown men lacing your shoes.  That image is horrible.  It portrays you as incompetent.  But we all know that you are not incompetent.  You are one of the best world leaders so that image was awful to see.  Remember that Image is everything.  You are looking like 5yr old kids on the play ground whose parents spoilt them and did not teach them to lace their own shoes.

Back to the katikiro, I would advise you to issue an apology for why he was slapped, disarmed and hand cuffed.  I do not understand why your people would even leave the cameras running for this one. What an embarrassment for Buganda.  The Katikiro is the Kabaka's rep. Having that appear in the media was more like, you are not nothing and I can do anything to make you lick my boots.  This is not an image you want at all. Your people tried to embarrass the Kabaka (the 2 Toyota Land Cruisers are not enough).  The kabaka is your ally.  Is this the person they should really embarrass?  You have seen my previous letters to you where I said very clearly that demeaning Baganda means problems.  You are a great student of history and so am I.  Every government in Uganda which has put down Baganda has paid a big price.  Do not do this to Buganda, the price is too high.

I am not a Muganda, well you know that anyway, but I do not believe that your people should have slapped a Muganda and neither do I think that you should sideline Baganda. I know these people helped you get into power so walking all over them is a very dangerous game and you know it too.

All my love, For God and My Country.  One day you will remember my words.

Born and Raised in Uganda (Bududa District)
Martha Leah Zesaguli (Nangalama)
BELIEVE! I wept because I had no shoes until I saw a man who had no feet." Ancient Persian saying  I am a Social Justice and Human Rights Activist. Find me on Face Book.  All my opinions are mine and do not reflect on any employer or organisation.
Mobile +1-506-871-6371


http://www.observer.ug/news-headlines/37420-katikkiro-mayiga-s-adc-disarmed

No comments:

Post a Comment