Thursday, April 16, 2015

MY TOUGH LESSON ABOUT RESPECT WHILE IN #UGANDA

We were playing dodge ball on the road. One of our relatives came along. He was blind and we had this cousin who used to walk with him. We had a rule to yell Excuse to stop our game. So we yelled Excuse. Oh that uncle got furius and said we had abused him. Then we giggled as kids do. Imagine he says he has to go tell the chief of the village. Then father calls us to explain ourselves. And we giggled some more saying he didn't understand English. The chores I had to do to make amends. Turned out the gentleman was angry because we had laughed at him not knowing English. But a wise man. He wanted us to get punished for lack of respect. I learned from that. We shouldn't have laughed at all. Father (the village chief) had been trained in UK and Japan and for him to comr home for a week to find us laughing at our elder. He even threatened to pull us out of school because education was not teaching us about life. One of his punishment was for us to fetch water for the gentleman we had laughed at. That man taught us the most important thing. RESPECT. I miss both of them. RIP. I hope MUK will now teach respect to their students. For God and My Country Moncton, Canada Born and Raised in Uganda (Bududa District) Martha Leah Zesaguli (Nangalama) BELIEVE! I wept because I had no shoes until I saw a man who had no feet." Ancient Persian saying I am a Social Justice and Human Rights Activist. Find me on Face Book. All my opinions are mine and do not reflect on any employer or organisation. Mobile 506-871-6371

No comments:

Post a Comment