Monday, April 20, 2015

MANY HORRORS HAVE HAPPENED IN #UGANDA

The images are not very clear either from being young or from suppressing them.  One time when we walked from Nakasero to Owino, I think a guy was set on fire.  All I heard was thief.  They put car tires around him, drowsed him in Petrol and set him on fire.  My older siblings took me away so that I would not see that.  But I frankly think that a man was burned alive by the mob. So when I was in Mbale Hospital and the bodies started arriving from that Mukura train of burning people alive, my family ran me out of that hospital so I would not see the dead bodies.  I do not blame them for not allowing me to see the horror because they know I would have been so angry and probably made too much noise.  The images of these things never go away.  To burn a human being alive, who even thinks this is okay when you are not a cannibal.  Many, many people in Uganda were burned alive.  Who will ever tell their story?  When some of us try to tell the story, we are told that we are inciting or likely to be charged with treason.  But for a child, what do you tell them?  It is a figment of your imagination.  BIG MISTAKE.  Keep believing what you think is safe but our memories are very strong.  A train arrived with dead people at Mbale Hospital.  You can re-write history but you will never rewrite memories.  Our people got burned to death. I was already in Canada but had gone home to visit.
WHY DID YOU BURN MY PEOPLE?  ONE DAY YOU WILL ANSWER.

For God and My Country
Moncton, Canada
Born and Raised in Uganda (Bududa District)
Martha Leah Zesaguli (Nangalama)
BELIEVE! I wept because I had no shoes until I saw a man who had no feet." Ancient Persian saying  I am a Social Justice and Human Rights Activist. Find me on Face Book.  All my opinions are mine and do not reflect on any employer or organisation.
Mobile +1-506-871-6371

http://nangalama.blogspot.ca/2015/04/many-horrors-have-happened-in-uganda.html

No comments:

Post a Comment