Sunday, April 12, 2015

GRACE

One time when we were in our church, the Priest / Rector, selected some kids to take the offering to the alter.  Little kids can be cute in church.  After all the gifts were presented, he had to say his sermon.  I remember very vividly him thanking all the little aliens.  Then he said "Rebecca, I have no idea what to say.  You have this thing, I do not have the words for it but you have something that I cannot say".  One elder from the audience yelled out GRACE.  The priest immediately said that was the word.  Grace.  We are not all born graceful, actually non, take that back, we are born graceful but socialization makes us become these people that even our parents cannot recognize.  Our Grace is a young lady with a heart of gold and brains that sometimes shock the world.  She walks gently, speaks calmly, articulates clearly, writes proficiently, and just shocks all of us with her grace.  Her name is Rebecca Denise Lefranc.  She is Grace.  Daily, I learn a lot from her.  She is a great mother, sister, auntie, niece, friend and grand child.

One time we flew to France.  She had not seen her grand parents since some 6mths prior and she was barely talking and walking.  While immigration pulled me aside (well, I am not really white), the kid noticed her grandparents through the glass windows.  They had not thought she would remember them as she was very young.  While the immigration officer was going over why I was not a French citizen, the kid nearly flew through the glass doors.  That is grace.  She ran screaming "pappie pappie pappie".  I will never forget the tears I saw on her grand father's face.  He grabbed her and they hugged and kissed and they cried and omg, my entry into France was secured.  These days the grand parents fly into Moncton or Halifax and when they arrrive, pappie, mammie, etc.. and to watch the love is truly amazing.  I call this Grace.  God never makes a mistake.  Grace is what is lacking in #Uganda and it is a terrible thing.  Mini says "I am Canadian and French and will become Ugandan when they understand me".  Now, that is something else.

For the love of God, please teach your kids Love and Grace and no matter how hard things get, never allow them to forget these two things.

For God and My Country
Moncton, Canada
Born and Raised in Uganda (Bududa District)
Martha Leah Zesaguli (Nangalama)
BELIEVE! I wept because I had no shoes until I saw a man who had no feet." Ancient Persian saying  I am a Social Justice and Human Rights Activist. Find me on Face Book.  All my opinions are mine and do not reflect on any employer or organisation. 
Mobile 506-871-6371




No comments:

Post a Comment