Monday, April 13, 2015

CAMPAIGN 6200 FOR #UGANDA

I do not understand people who seem not to realise that we have a pathetic medical care system in #Uganda.  Please support the campaign.  I will tell you a personal story. Becky was 4 days late.  Our doctor, that man is something said he was taking all his patients into the hospital and inducing labout as he had to go on vacation.  Mother and Big siss had flown over in the middle of winter -- well, I had never born a baby before.  So a day before inducing, I go into labour. I was not dilating but was in pain (that kid owes me).  This nurse walks in and says, "you are gonna have that baby now because I only work for results and baby must come".  I dilated speedy quick and before you know it, our doctor says "you have a beautiful baby girl. Hey Rebecca, smile for the camera".  Dilation from 3 cms to full in a minute.  We had the best medical team on sight. Mt. Sinai Hospital in Toronto.   I was busy reading the Financial Section in The Globe and Mail.  Do you see how easy it is to have a baby when you live in a functioning medical system?  Then now I read stories of our mothers having babies on cement floors and some even in the bush.  I am a coward and there is no way in hell I would do that.  Why if you are in Uganda must you think that Mother Kits are pollitical?  They are not.  They are only for mothers from every political or non political party.  I have had to fight some people who think it is an FDC thing.  Guess what, even if it is an FDC thing, I would support it because at least it does not give cows to carders. These kits are for all the women in labour.  Save a mother and a child. You will feel good.  

I had Mini too and she was a premmie. Same thing. Great doctors.  She is now a big girl though.  Every time I look at these girls, I wonder why Uganda does not realise that maternal care is important.  I also wonder why a Military Police would prevent mother kits from being given to expectant mothers.  Your hospitals cannot provide these things because you all fly your kids abroad to have babies...but what about the rest of us?  Have you ever thought about us?  Pass this memo to my uncle and mzee and tell them we need medical care and these kits in all the hospitals.  We have a medical doctor in training and a psychologist in waiting and the world would have lost much if these girls were not born in a functioning medical system.

For a price of a coffee or lunch, you could also help deliver the next medical doctor.  Think about it and please do the needful.  One coffee or lunch is all that it takes.  Most of us can fund 10 of these kits but we are only asking for one kit.  Thank you.

 
For God and My Country
Moncton, Canada
Born and Raised in Uganda (Bududa District)
Martha Leah Zesaguli (Nangalama)
BELIEVE! I wept because I had no shoes until I saw a man who had no feet." Ancient Persian saying  I am a Social Justice and Human Rights Activist. Find me on Face Book.  All my opinions are mine and do not reflect on any employer or organisation. 
Mobile 506-871-6371

http://www.gofundme.com/p5o3t4


No comments:

Post a Comment