Booking.com

Sunday, March 22, 2015

YOU WANT TO HELP MY PEOPLE IN #UGANDA BUT NEVER GET ACCOUNTABILITY?

There are many ways to help Uganda without getting ripped off.  Some of us work directly with the needy people without spending money on marketing, advertising and intermediaries.  I have been doing this all my life since I left Uganda for Canada.  There are other Ugandans who are right at home who sacrifice a lot for our people.  Below is a message that one of my friends just posted on Face Book.  I know him very well.  He is also a journalist and photographer.  He writes for a big publication in Uganda and so naturally, we discuss a lot.  We discuss how to help our country and the kids.  While my work was about educating my relatives and the surrounding village kids by remitting money to Uganda (I was well paid then), he actually took his small salary and embarked on building a school to help the kids from all the surrounding areas in his town and village. If there is anyone I would call a hero for Uganda, this gentleman would be it.  Taking every last shilling and helping to shape our future leaders is priceless.  Please consider supporting this school because we need these youngsters to get a good education, food and medicine.  We cannot do this work without your support.  We have not appealed for crowd funding yet because we prefer to get help from our friends and families.

http://nangalama.blogspot.ca/2015/03/you-want-to-help-my-people-in-uganda.html
--------------------------

In 2011 when I opened up a kindergarten to help the kids in my village attain a considerable level of education it was all out of sacrifice. I did all the donkey work till I gave up.
My dream to give up the school did not go through.  I must complete what I started.  Giving up is not an option.  I AM UP FOR THE CHALLENGE so some people should just get out of my way if they do not believe in Education.  My friends and family are willing.  Are you?

Robert Larabi, Kampala, Uganda
Martha Leah Zesaguli (Nangalama), Moncton Canada


No comments:

Post a Comment