Friday, March 27, 2015

UNGLISH IS NOT AN ACCEPTABLE LANGUAGE OF COMMUNICATION INTERNATIONALLY

You all know that I do not speak Unglish. In fact, whoever promotes it is not a friend of #Uganda. Not only did I send out documents but I get this asked of me.  OMG!  If you cannot write full words and proper English, then try me in Luganda or Lugisu.  You want my help and you cannot even write properly.  Then you wonder why your unemployment rate is some 84% and why many companies in Uganda choose to hire foreigners over you?  No proper English, no contact Leah. What is wrong with your people that you think your way of communication is how we should do things?  Then when some of us try to correct you, you insult us.  As if we are the ones who are job hunting. You all have an expression "style up".  Well let me use your own language then, "Style up and stop writing stupid abbreviations which will never get you a job or any help from many".  Abbreviating as below is considered by many recruiters as an inherent laziness.  YES, we think you are too lazy to bother to write full words.  Then why would we hire you since you are even incapable of writing?  Imagine you are hired to run a project and you cannot even write your team project without using your Unglish.  The funders are in Europe or North America and you wite this kind of garbage.  Program funding will be gone.  Saying you are using a phone is not an excuse. I belong to a team of 8 people in Uganda and we all use phones but write properly.pliz pipo!!!!
--------------------------

Yelo dia can u pliz email wiz asample of cv da one u sent me wea erased unkwoningly b4 downloading dem thanx pliz pliz pliz i nid yo help
-------------------------

 
For God and My Country
Moncton, Canada
Born and Raised in Uganda (Bududa District)
Martha Leah Zesaguli (Nangalama)
BELIEVE! I wept because I had no shoes until I saw a man who had no feet." Ancient Persian saying  I am a Social Justice and Human Rights Activist. Find me on Face Book.  All my opinions are mine and do not reflect on any employer or organisation. 
Mobile 506-871-6371


No comments:

Post a Comment