Sunday, March 15, 2015

#UGANDA NATIONAL ID FIASCO!


The thing is a total joke.  Started out with what may have been good intentions but what a circus.  Anyone can pay sh. 50,000 to get it.  It was printed in your own media in #Uganda.

Everyone who was born in #Uganda and of Ugandan parents (one or both) can trace their roots right to their ancestors and village / clan.

So why all of a sudden there is panic to issue National IDs and even rumours of "if you do not register for a national id card, you lose your citizenship"?  Can you all go show us the graves of your grand parents and great grand parents in the places where they are buried?  I can show you mine very speedy fast.  So you think an ID makes me more Ugandan than knowing where I come from and of who I am by origin?

To imagine that I even defended this fraudulent thing when it first popped into media is absurd.  You do not even have a national birth or death database and yet you want to instill fear into people to go get some plastic card to prove that they are Ugandan?  You can read about my defence of the ID... I thought it could serve a good purpose.  However, today I read that no kids wihout it will register or attend schools come 2017?  Have you lost your minds?

Martha Leah Nangalama
Moncton Canada
Born and Raised in Uganda (Bududa District, yeah, go ask anyone)
For God and My Country.

http://nangalama.blogspot.com/2015/03/the-uganda-national-id-fiasco.html


No comments:

Post a Comment