Tuesday, March 24, 2015

OUR COUNTRY #UGANDA NEEDS A LOT OF HELP AND NEEDS ALL OF US WITH ANYTHING WE CAN OFFER

Some of you know but most do not know.  I volunteer with a big prison in Houston Texas (USA) as a Business Plan Adviser.

We help prisoners to formulate a business so that when they get out into the community they start their own businesses instead of returning to a life of crime.  I have been privileged to help former gangsters and murderers to return to their communities and work in their communities and help their people.

If I can help a former prisoner to start his own business (I have never worked with females), then why can I not help a Ugandan to start his or her own business?

The prisons in Uganda are chocking with inmates.  Most should not even be in there anyway.  The way life works is this.  Once a prisoner or convicted of any crime, it is very hard to get a job. Most companies in Canada and USA do criminal back ground checks.  So  the best way to get meaningful income is to start one's own business.  To get that business, you need initial capital.  Both Canada and USA have grants and loans which help people to start a business. It is a well known fact that SME (Small, Medium Enterprises) employ people.

I have no contacts in Uganda to access the money which would help people to start their own businesses.  If you have access, please let me know.  On the other hand, if you can get hold of some money, my advice is free.  Our team is some 8 people.  We have all done SMEs and we keep learning and we share our lessons from what we have done.

Go ahead, use me, just do not abuse me.

PEP (Prison Entrepreneurship Program).  You can find it via google.  It was started by one young lady who walked away from a Wall Street job to look after the people we write off.  Never ever write off a human being.  "Humans are not like used clothes.  Even if you think they are, a hole in the jeans can be repaired. Humans need to be tendered to and repaired via our love".

Uganda needs all of us.  Whatever you can give, please give.  Uganda needs work.  Whatever your education or work experience, please share it.  We all learned about sharing when we were kids.  Why hold back now when we are fully grown (mbu mature, hahaha).

For God and My Country
Moncton, Canada
Born and Raised in Uganda (Bududa District)
Martha Leah Zesaguli (Nangalama)
BELIEVE! I wept because I had no shoes until I saw a man who had no feet." Ancient Persian saying  I am a Social Justice and Human Rights Activist. Find me on Face Book.  All my opinions are mine and do not reflect on any employer or organisation. 
Mobile 506-871-6371


No comments:

Post a Comment