Booking.com

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

MINIMUM WAGE IN #UGANDA IS NOTHING BUT A DREAM. WE ALL WANT IT

The unemployment rate in Uganda is 84-95%.  Some 75% of the population is under the age of 35ysr.  The decision makers for policy and employment are all over the age of 75%. Yes, there are some few who are younger but if you look at our parliament, most are people who should be retiring to make room for our younger ones.  TALK of minimum wage is nothing but a joke.  Cannot happen anytime now.  Yes I said it.

I read something which troubled me.  The unemployed are paid very well to protest.  Some of us know that this is not right.  Maybe a few.  The majority protest because they need work, food, rent and medicine.  This Uganda is a country that keeps many of us awake at night.

I think they should cut down on the number of MPs so that they can pay our teachers and medical staff. I will not even get into the story of non paid police or army.

How long Uganda thinks they can keep this up - I have no idea.

When Uganda passed a law to stop all public rallies and demonstrations, as much as it was celebrated, the people did not realise that the law would curtail their voices.  In Uganda, you have no voice.  Try to have a voice and you will be a terrorist over night.  I could even be labeled as a terrorist just from this message.  I have been lucky for 2yrs that even the Ugandan government realises that I am an informer and educator.

Pray, tell me about a country which has avoided disaster of a full fledged rebellion with a third of its population unemployed.  Uganda has 10 million unemployed people (the number is much higher but we will stick to this one).  So these are the youth who are terrorists?

We need food, medicine, good roads, schools which function and can teach the kids to read and write properly.

Uganda is sitting on a time bomb and you the world make a very big mistake to ignore this ticking time bomb.  You can all pretend that Uganda is the most stable country in the Great Lakes.  Enjoy that thought.  However, you are not reading what is coming out of that country.  You make a very big mistake to think that one day you will not account for your supporting the suffering of so many.

Where is Sam Mugumya?  You the world know and you do nothing except to send us more money and ammunition so that we can silence our people.  We have learned to leave with Tear Gas now.  The live bullets are what we are dodging daily.  AND you supply them.  One day you will go down into history for facilitating the deaths of many in my home country #Uganda.  I hope you will remember this message.

For God and My Country
Moncton, Canada
Born and Raised in Uganda (Bududa District)
Martha Leah Zesaguli (Nangalama)
BELIEVE! I wept because I had no shoes until I saw a man who had no feet." Ancient Persian saying  I am a Social Justice and Human Rights Activist. Find me on Face Book.  All my opinions are mine and do not reflect on any employer or organisation. 
Mobile 506-871-6371

http://nangalama.blogspot.ca/2015/03/minimum-wage-in-uganda-is-nothing-but.html




No comments:

Post a Comment