Booking.com

Saturday, March 21, 2015

DEMAND FOR ACCOUNTABILITY FROM THE GOVERNMENT OF #UGANDA IF YOU CARE

One time I posted on FaceBook that #Uganda was a failed state because toilets were a luxury.  OMG, you should have seen the flack I got from it.  "I live in Bugolobi.  We have beautiful roads, a great hospital (it is private and that bloody thing costs my family too much money) and we have electricity and running water.  Uganda is not a failed state, Martha, revise your statement.

I revise my statement now.  Uganda is not a failed state.  Ugandans have failed our state.  Even your own president said he was sent idiots for MPs.  If our elected leaders cared about our people, Museveni would do the right thing.  The fact is (temuwakana) our MPs are just money hungry people who do not even care that their own communities have no basic services.  You know what, the world looks at Uganda as Museveni but you all who serve him have failed him and failed us.  Okay, so if he puts you on kateebe, I will not she a tear.

http://nangalama.blogspot.ca/2015/03/demand-for-accountability-from.html
-------------------------

Now I revise my statement.
Your water is contaminated with feaces, ecoli and salmonella
Your people do not have electricity most of the time and neither do many have running water (thank heaven or they would be ingesting poop)
Your education system is pathetic as per what your graduates write on social media
Your medical care sucks big time, you cannot even treat malaria!!!  Then you say you can treat it, so why was MAO flown to Nairobi for malaria?
You close down so many of your schools because apparently they are not good enough for you.
You have not paid far too many salaries in how many months?
Your retired people (army, police and civilians) are waiting for how many months for their pensions?
Your roads are in the worst shape ever
You have closed most Medical Centres because you cannot put medicine, equipment or paid staff in them.
You say the kids need to have a meal at school daily, but you have taken away the income generation from their families -- yes, land grabbing and evictions.
You then complain that the youth are terrorists just for the fact that they dare to complain about unemployment and hopelessness!  YEAH
Eastern Uganda is full of terrorists - oh yes, Muslims being recruited by ADF of something like that - have you lost your minds?
You then ensure that anyone who has a voice or challenges the establishment is labeled as a terrorist supporter!!!  I look forward to hearing from you.

For 2yrs now, I have been warning you to read the writing on the wall.  Our people are no longer asleep.  So guess what, no tear gas or bullets can shut down a revolution of 10 million unemployed youth.  Many of them refused to kneel down before you all just for one meal.  You make a very big mistake to ignore what I keep saying to you.

Feed my people, stop corruption and impunity.  Stop stealing from the people.  Your taxes are so much higher now because you need the money to grease your fancy cars and life style. If you do not listen to me (and I know my people, I read the vibe from our country), you will be sorry one day.

All that said and done, can we get some water in Bududa Hospital please?  This is a big thing in my life. Okay, also pay all the outstanding salaries.  Where are the books?  We need the books -- accountability from each department in Uganda.

Thank you for listening.

For God and My Country
Moncton, Canada
Born and Raised in Uganda (Bududa District)
Martha Leah Zesaguli (Nangalama)
BELIEVE! I wept because I had no shoes until I saw a man who had no feet." Ancient Persian saying  I am a Social Justice and Human Rights Activist. Find me on Face Book.  All my opinions are mine and do not reflect on any employer or organisation.
Mobile 506-871-6371


No comments:

Post a Comment