Booking.com

Saturday, February 14, 2015

WHAT IS THIS THING CALLED LOVE?

Going one day without sharing the news is killing me.  Today is not the day for news.  So I will be writing a lot.  Here you go.

When I was young, father was worried about the boys who used to come to visit my brothers.  I actually thought they were idiots. I had an attitude problem.  Till one day he says he was sure there was someone I liked.  Of course I opened my eyes and paid attention.  Believe me, I tried very hard to go that school where he was going.  He is a looker with brains.  I was not allowed so back to Kampala.  I did connect with him though and the rest is history.

All my life, mama, parents can be harsh.  What is interesting is now, my current husband is from that same school.  So I was not allowed to go to that school but I found my husband who went to that school.  Maybe father did not want me to get married early and drop out of school.  Thank you father.

I am a better parent though.  I let our daughters see anyone and watch their hearts get crumbled.  Sheesh, it is part of life.  What parents have to realise is that every time you tell a kid not do something, they will do it.  Perhaps Reverse Psychology works better.  I am a living example.  When father decided to accept my first love as his own son (father was smart, he knew that us being at our place was safer), I kinda thought something was not right and I backed off the adolesent behaviour.  That man ruined my life by accepting my true first love as his son.  Who even does that?

I bet you would like to know how we have turned out now.  My first love is happy and we are friends from a distance.  My husband and him know about each other and my husband came into my life when I was mature enough and well established to the point I did not have to threaten my family that I would run away if they did not like my love.  Yes, I am married to the most wonderful man in the world.  Robert has a superb brain and few can keep up with him.  A very rare person from our home and we are both Bagisu.

Martha Leah Zesaguli (Nangalama)
Moncton, Canada
Born and Raised in Uganda (Bududa District)

No comments:

Post a Comment