Wednesday, February 18, 2015

DONATING MONEY TO AFRICA REQUIRES YOU TO BE INVOLVED AND DEMAND FOR ACCOUNTABILITY

Some of my friends know this story.  Hey, they have known me for a long time so they know my stories which are based on real life. One time after we had been transferred from Toronto to Moncton, I had to fly back to Toronto for some work.  As usual, I take the kids.  This one time, I had Rebecca as a baby so we flew into Pearson Airport in Toronto.  Jump into the rental car to drive to Kitchener (Kitchener Waterloo area is a nice place with some 5 universities in the area).  ON the 401, I look in the mirror and baby is wiggling around. Holly crack molly, I had strapped her in her baby sit but not with the car belt.  Pull off on the first exit and land in a parking lot.  I strap her.  Then I am looking at the cars in the parking lot.  I tell her (I have always talked to the babies, it is so much fun, they just laugh back) "Becky, if I did not know any better, I would think we are at xyz's head quarters". Slam the door.  Look up and the sign did say we were at xyz's head quarters. One of the biggest NGOs and I will not mention the name.  I swear, it was BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Lexus, Infiniti, Saab, Porsche, corvette, jaguar, vipers (no ferrari though, not close to where we were), every type of luxury car was there.  Do not laugh, there is a story behind this.  Recently, a friend of mine in Africa went to some conference of NGOs.  Soon as he told me he was there, I asked him to look in the parking lot and tell me the type of vehicles.  Dude confirmed what I had seen in Canada.  But he was too chicken to take for me the pictures. the end.  ==== BEWARE WHO YOU DONATE TOO. Always ask for accountability.  We want all the donated funds to reach the people who need the help.  You can also try linking up with organisations which work on the ground, family to family.  Hey, do you now feel like donating some money so that I can get some nice wheels too?  Do not say I did not tell you. Thieves!!!

Martha Leah Zesaguli (Nangalama)
Moncton, Canada
Born and Raised in Uganda (Bududa District)
For God and My Country.


No comments:

Post a Comment