Saturday, February 21, 2015

AIR CANADA STARTS CHARGING FOR EACH CHECKED BAGGAGE -- #FeelingAnnoyed

So Air Canada is going to start charging fees for every checked baggage.  AS IF we can afford it.  I swear that airline, one time flying from Paris to Johannesburg, they had arranged for us to sit separately.  The father in one row. The 2yr old in another row.  Myself in another row.  We were told that had we paid extra, we could have secured seats together.  The toddler refused to accept so somehow, her and I ended up sitting besides each other. YES, full cost of airline ticket for a 2yr old.  So after we get up above 30,000 feet in the air, the father comes over and kindly asks the gentleman besides us to switch seats so that he would be besides his daughter. Dude refuses.  An hour later, the father comes over and asks again.  Dude refuses.  Then he tells dude "You will be sorry".  For the next 11hrs, the toddler talked non stop.  The gentleman was making boxes, boats, airplanes, etc.. for the kid to distract her.  She kept saying..."I like this one.  Can you please make another one?'.  Kids who never sleep on airplanes are a pain.  This one was the center of attention.  Finally, before we get to land in Joburg, the gentleman asks the kid "So you are 4ys old I suppose?".  Her reply "Non, I am only 2yrs old".  He walks over to the father and says "You were right, I am sorry for not switching seats with you.  I have never done so much for a toddler in my life.".  So we land in Joburg and so many cops all over the place.  Dude was the personal body guard to one of the Spice Girls who was sitting next to us in disguise and no one knew.  That is why he could not switch seats.  Audrey had to deal with that kid for a good 2 weeks because I flew to Uganda to spend time with my father before his death.  Fabulous trip but my gosh, flying with little people, lace their milk and get over with it.  WAPI, it is more like feed them, change them and then cover them with a nice blanket and they go to sleep.  I have no idea why so many people on airplanes do not like kids next to them.  I think they are aliens..because or else they would have been born, don't you think?  The younger one was even worse, she would scream and scream until the airline people would take her away from me and calm her down.  DID I say I fly Air Canada, they were great.  Right now, it is more or less like WestJet wherever they go.  I think it is time to buy an airline though...skip all the extra charges which start this year., OMG...

Martha Leah Zesaguli (Nangalama)
Moncton, Canada (YQM0
Born and Raised in Uganda (Bududa District, EBB)

No comments:

Post a Comment