Sunday, February 22, 2015

ACCOUNTABILITY IS LACKING IN #UGANDA. LEARN TO LOVE NUMBERS

When I tell #Ugandans that I am a number cruncher, some laugh at me.  During my bachelors, I got some money from CMA (the Canadian Certified Management of Accountants) for having the best grades in Accounting in school.  God always prepares you for the work He has for you.  I live and breath financial statements, business plans and projects. My only job since school has been IT and I have no regrets as it was the best job and will always be.  It does not mean that I am constrained to work only in IT because the world needs versatile people. I cannot share much about technology (ICT) with Uganda because that country has its own geniuses in IT / ICT). You can see them all on the internet and especially FaceBook.  However, the business and language skills are what I find to be lacking.  One day, I would like to see a department at Makerere University named "Life Education".  Do not under estimate what Life teaches you or those you know.  There is a lot of suffering in #Uganda but we must realise that suffering is experience.  Suffering is also humbling if you pay attention to the wind.  Imagine the youth thinking that the government owes them everything, and without them claiming it, it is hopeless.  One USA president once said "ask not what your country can do for you, but rather, ask what you have done for your country". We are each born with a gift ( I will post next about being a custodian) and you make a big mistake to think that your education, wealth, education, life experience, etc.. are for you.  I have worked on many teams where people felt that information was power (held tightly by them without sharing), big mistake.  Where are you all now because we moved your jobs to the people who actually share.  Never under estimate the power of technology.  Any of us could be un employed anytime and the world keeps a record of what you do.

For God and My Country
Moncton, Canada
Born and Raised in Uganda (Bududa District)
Martha Leah Zesaguli (Nangalama)
BELIEVE! I wept because I had no shoes until I saw a man who had no feet." Ancient Persian saying  I am a Social Justice and Human Rights Activist. Find me on Face Book.  All my opinions are mine and do not reflect on any employer or organisation.
Mobile 506-871-6371


No comments:

Post a Comment