Friday, January 9, 2015

YOU THINK PLEASE AND THANK YOU ARE OLD FASHIONED?



Friday, January 9, 2015

YOU THINK PLEASE AND THANK YOU ARE OLD FASHIONED?

Think again.  You make a big mistake to think that saying PLEASE is not right. And you also make another mistake not to say THANK YOU.  You all know who you are.  The world is not obligated to serve you. I wrote an article about gratitude some time back.  Look for it.

This is how life works in the FAST LANE.  Always say "Please, can you edit this" OR "Please can you help me with this" OR "Please, I have a suggestion, can you listen to my opinion".  When all is done, say "Thank you for your help".  Even if you disagree with what they told you, you never know when they will be there for you in the future.  Telling people to do things for you without PLEASE means they will likely not give you their full attention.  They might feel sorry for you and help a bit but not fully.  Not saying THANK YOU is the worst thing you will do for your life.  Some cultures do not have PLEASE and THANK YOU in their languages but hey, we are on International Forums.  The English Language rules commerce and navigation. It also is the language which expects PLEASE and THANK YOU. Never take people for granted.  You lose.

If you want to stick to your language of never saying PLEASE and THANK YOU, I wish you the best of luck in your career and International Trade initiatives.  ----------- Always write proper English by the way.

By Martha Leah Zesaguli (Nangalama)
Canada - but born and raised in Uganda.

ps:  I wish you knew how many times I walk away from people for not saying Please. I do not even care about the Thank You that much.  What I do is free of charge but commanding me is not the way to get me to help you.

http://nangalama.blogspot.ca/2015/01/you-think-please-and-thank-you-are-old.html


No comments:

Post a Comment