Booking.com

Saturday, January 24, 2015

TRENT UNIVERSITY IS A SMALL ONE IN CANADA BUT A GREAT ONE

The University is set in a small city of around 100,000 people.  It has a very strong International Student Program which we call TIP (Trent International Program).  It has a number of full scholarships for high school graduates from UWC schools (yes, I have posted a lot about UWC education).

This University trains future leaders.  I did my bachelors there in business and computers.  Would you believe that I was admitted into Brandeis and Agnes Scott (USA)?  Brandeis gave me 75% cost of everything.  Agnes Scott gave me 100%.  However, I had talked with Jack Mathews (RIP) who was one of the founders of UWC Pearson College and he was very active at Trent University.  I went where my friends. Some of my non Ugandan friends went there too.  Asojo, Mohammed, Mukangura, Lyaru, Njoroge, Martindale, Quan, Mofolo .Etwop, Brummel, etc.  There are so many of us from UWC schools who attended Trent because Trent believes in strong International Education. We met wonderful friends from every corner of Canada and those UWC scholarships also brought in other kids from UWC schools from all around the world.  It was wonderful.

I would strongly suggest that if you are looking for under grad or grad, you consider Trent University.  It is a beautiful place.  With a straight face, let me say this one.  Your student ID gives you rides on all the city buses.  The city of Peterborough even has special buses to pick us up from downtown and drop us at each college and I found out that Dal does the same.  Well, the classes are very small.  My biggest class was Psych and I of course dropped out.  The professors are wonderful and the TAs take their jobs seriously.  That place is where I first learned to teach and coach students to write computer programs.  I diagress!!!

The deadlines for most of the Canadian schools for Sept 2015 entry are really now. I think March 15, 2015 is the one you have to focus on.  There is a lot of paper work so you would have to start today.  Trent has some wonderful scholarships for everyone and anyone, including mature students (even if you did not finish high school, as long as you are 21yrs plus).  Try it.  This is your life.

www.trentu.ca

By Martha Leah Zesaguli (Nangalama, Nangi)
Moncton, Canada
Born and Raised in Uganda (Bududa District)


No comments:

Post a Comment