Monday, January 19, 2015

PhD candidates are fully funded in most Universities in Canada

I will not vote for Stephen Harper.  I will vote for Justin Trudeau.  However I do thank Harper for something he did.  His government allocates set permanent visas for PhD students current and in coming. For so long, USA was getting the best brains but Canada is working on it.

What I love about a PhD candidate option is not only do the Universities pay all your expenses to do research but the government gives you Canadian papers so that you can remain here after you finish or go home.  I think this is rather fair.  Some of us are in Canada because we had the option of "do you wanna stay or go home".  Many people from countries which have problems need to look at this critically.  Remember, the world is now a village and you can do a lot at home even when not at home.

The only thing with PhD candidates is to apply and get in is to get a supervisor for your research.  I have a friend from Norway (Uganda origin) who is coming this year because he did something amazing.  He does Geo Science and got hold of two professors at Memorial University and another one at UBC and they accepted to supervise him.  Amazing.  Some Ugandans do pay attention.

Since I do not lecture, I have to rely on what I know about Universities and what your interests are for that PhD.  Then I will send you the key universities you need to approach for your field.  Come on, my contact info is online (google).  I have friends who are Profs in Universities in Canada so I can also connect you.  Except our group is all computers.  However, no losing any sleep over that. My friend in Norway is Oil drilling and I do not know any prof who teaches that but still got him connected.  My own research supervisor is computers and privacy.  Give me what you have and help me to help you.  The deadlines for International applicants are really March 15th for Sept 2015 entry.

By Martha Leah Zesaguli (Nangalama)
Moncton, Canada
University of Toronto, Trent University, UWC Lester B Pearson College
Born and Raised in Uganda (Bududa District)

http://www.utoronto.ca/

No comments:

Post a Comment