Tuesday, January 27, 2015

MALICIOUS POSTS ON SOCIAL MEDIA ATTACKING PEOPLE YOU HATE MAKES YOU LOOK LIKE AN IDIOT

For all those who block people on Face Book and then proceed to attack them behind their back when they are not present to defend themselves, take a lesson from this.  In 2013 and 2014, I was blocked from many FB pages by the Admins. I was attacked behind my back.  I had no way to defend myself since I was banned from those pages.  I wonder where the admins are now. In the end, people got curious and started to follow me on my pages and the pages which I admin.

Every time you abuse someone who is not in the room, others get curious about the person.  You end up looking like the moron that you are.  I was even abused by some journalist on one paper.  I got more followers from that thread.  When you abuse someone you perceive as an enemy, you provide free advertising for that person.  Stop posting malicious things behind people's backs as it makes them very popular.

I have friends who have been blocked and banned too who get abused.  They will also testify that their popularity and number of followers increased.  In any case, if you have had a disagreement with someone, it is okay to block the person.  Then you move on.  You do not go around talking about the person behind their back.  It makes you look petty and makes the other person look great.

Dear #Uganda, read my guidelines on how to use Social Media (Face Book especially).  Whatever you say, post or comment will be traced back to you when you least expect it.  Guess what, that person you hate is also on Social Media and has a network of friends and those friends will feed the information back to the person you are abusing.  The worst thing is your current employer, future employer, business partner or future business partner sees what you say and then you will have egg white on your face.  It also works for scholarships or admissions into institutions of higher learning.  Everything you do on the internet (yes FB is internet) and your phone will haunt you forever.  If you cannot afford for it to appear on the Wall Street Journal front page, then do not say it at all.  Some of you really need to learn how the internet works.


By Martha Leah Zesaguli (Nangalama)
Moncton, Canada
Born and Raised in Uganda (Bududa District).

No comments:

Post a Comment