Saturday, January 24, 2015

GDP - Gross Domestic Product explained for #Uganda

When Robert Zesaguli Pierre comes online, he will explain what GDP is.  I have no idea how to explain it but some people are commenting and inboxing asking about it and well, I would just rather explain Java (maybe).  Okay, let me see what he taught me.  Gross Domestic Product.  You take the gross domestic product of a nation and divide it by the population and that is how you end up with some strange numbers like what I posted earlier about #Uganda.  So one friend told me that the youth each got sh. 200,000 in some places of Uganda.  Let us work with whole numbers.  Round it off to $100 each youth.  The population in that place was well, 1000 youth paid.  Do you think this reflects on the 10-15 million youth of Uganda?  So please learn your economics.  When you average all the wealth in Uganda and this sh. 200,000 for some youth and then you divide the sum by the population, that is how you end up with some $600 per capita.  Maybe I will stick to computers.  Just because you make multiples of that does not mean you have to fight the numbers.  There are people in Uganda who are going without the bare necessities.  Get your head out of the sand.

By Martha Leah Zesaguli (Nangalama, Nangi)
Moncton, Canada
Born and Raised in Uganda (Bududa District)

No comments:

Post a Comment