Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Footsteps in the Sand

I was one time so weak I could not say a prayer (Our Father who art in Heaven).  I just kept repeating "Father, why have you abandoned me".  The interesting thing is He had never abandoned me.  My father loves me and I know it because I live. If you read my other writings you will notice the one where I say that God loves you so much that He will burn you through a fire to have you come out shining like Gold.  Oh Yes, He is not an easy parent.  He has much work for you if you still live.  He only takes people after their work is done.  I guess we all have a lot of work to do now.  I would be the last person to tell people about God.  But, oh you should hear me preach.  My God is a wonderful one.  I live and walk the Gospel.  Yes, I fail many times but God never makes mistakes.  My Jesus is the reason why I live.  Yes.. I just said it.  Without Jesus, I would be nothing.  When you kiss death and wake up alive, you learn who is your life giver.

After about a month being half in a comma, I woke up with this poem on my mind.  Foot Prints.  I hope you like it.  Here is it is.  The source is Wikipedia where any of us can edit and add so stop being a critic and contribute.  I am a wiki, google, microsoft and yahoo person.  If you cannot add, you cannot abuse.
---------------------

"Footprints", also known as "Footprints in the Sand", is a popular allegorical text written in prose.

Content[edit]

This popular text describes a dream in which the person is walking on a beach with God. They leave two sets of footprints in the sand behind them. Looking back, the tracks are stated to represent various stages of this person's life. At some points, the two trails dwindle to one, especially at the lowest and most hopeless moments of the character's life. When questioning God, believing that God must have abandoned his follower during those times, God gives the explanation: "During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

Authorship and origins[edit]

The original authorship of the poem is disputed, with dozens of people claiming to have penned it. Rachel Aviv in a Poetry Foundationarticle[1] discusses the various claims and suggests that the source of this poem is the opening paragraph of Charles Haddon Spurgeon's 1880 sermon "The Education of the Sons of God".[2]
June Hadden Hobbs suggested that its origins lie in Mary B. C. Slade's 1871 hymn "Footsteps of Jesus" as "almost surely the source of the notion that Jesus' footprints have narrative significance that influences the way believers conduct their life stories ... it allows Jesus and a believer to inhabit the same space at the same time. [...] Jesus travels the path of the believer, instead of the other way round".[3]
Margaret Fishback (Antolini), whose light verse appeared regularly in popular American magazines from the 1930s to the 1960s, had no connection to "Footprints", although her name confusingly resembles that of one claimed author, Canadian Margaret Fishback Powers. Powers is among the contenders who have resorted to litigation in hopes of establishing a claim.

Influence[edit]

Several songs have been based on the poem. In 1983, Cristy Lane released country gospel version of the song called "Footprints in the Sand". The song peaked at #64 on Billboard's U.S. Country chart and #30 on the U.S. Christian chart.[4]
Per MagnussonDavid Kreuger, Richard Page, and Simon Cowell wrote a song based on the poem, called "Footprints in the Sand", which was recorded by Leona Lewis.[5] It appears on Lewis's debut album Spirit. Another song inspired by the poem called "Footprints" was recorded by Dancehall/Reggae group T.O.K.
The poem was also used in the memorial service for Air France Flight 447 on 3 June 2009.[6]
The poem is also used in the 1999 movie Outside Providence.
--------------------------------
Opening remarks are For God and My Country
Martha Leah Zesaguli (Nangalama)
Moncton, Canada
Born and Raised in Uganda (Bududa District)
A committed Christian - yeah, I am proud to say so.  - I just do not tolerate HATE preaching.  You know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment