Saturday, January 3, 2015

Do #Ugandans Really Have Freedom of Speech?

I had posted on Face Book that I needed someone from Uganda to send me the article around this issue.  Here is what I got.  I will edit this to include anymore information I get.  So far, I would say that this is a useless piece in the 1995 Ugandan Constitution but I stand to be corrected.  Why put something in the Constitution that you have no intention of guaranteeing?  Some you who read my other articles know why.

Nerjjer Sheriff Sheryph was gracious enough to send me this. 

"Article 29(1)(a) of the constitution-Every person shall have the right to freedom of speech and expression which shall include freedom of the press and other media."

Martha Leah Zesaguli (Nangalama)
Moncton, Canada
Born and Raised in Uganda
For God and My Country

No comments:

Post a Comment