Booking.com

Sunday, December 28, 2014

NEVER THREATEN TO SELL YOUR KIDS - THEY ARE TOO SMART.

One time when Mini was about 6yrs old, I threatened to sell her on eBay.  I do not even remember what she had done but I was livid.  Her reply "give me 3 days to determine the outcome".  So I went to work and returned to do the chores of all the parents that same day.

"Mommy, we need to talk.  In Canada, you are not allowed to sell children.  You can also not give them up for adoption if you are stable and have an income".  WHAT THE???   That is when I learned that Google is great for everyone.  The kid knew I had an Ebay Account where I sell things.  Selling kids was illegal. Maybe it is okay now but I ain't selling Mini EVER.

What bothers me about this experience is if we do not raise kids to be confident, we will lose them.  Mini was doing all my computer emails and sells and buys since she was 6yrs old.  Her sister was trading in my stock account at 9yrs old.  No threats work with these two girls.  I have had to learn a lot. WHAT ABOUT THE KIDS WHO DO NOT HAVE THIS EXPOSURE?  The girls know the law more than lawyers.  To help Uganda is proving to be a challenge of some sort.  It is only a challenge.  The Judiciary system is a total mess and it is very hard to even help anyone because people have no rights under the law.  I love challenges.

By Martha Leah Zesaguli (Nangalama)
Moncton, Canada
Born and Raised in Uganda


No comments:

Post a Comment