Monday, December 29, 2014

Behaviour Based Interviewing -- Now we move to Interviews. I have written about CVs but now more comes.

Behavior Based Interviewing is something one of my employers taught some of us. I will never thank that company enough. My husband and I got a solid team together in #Uganda because of this. Everything you say or comment helps me to understand you. This is a system used by some of the most successful companies in the world.

You make a very big mistake when you think that a question is just it.  Recruiters and employers are actually indirectly wanting to know how you behave given a situation. The best companies do not have a set list of questions.  They want to know how you would behave given a situation.  In 2013 when Robert Zesaguli Pierre and I started to recruit people for our team, we were looking at their reactions and behaviour given a situation.  The stars of our team passed with flying colours and they can even testify to how they are doing now.

I am bad at this one as because being female, I face challenges.  Robert jumps in many times.  Sometimes I will ask a question like "where is the party this weekend".  I get answers like "are you in Uganda now".  This would eliminate you because you should learn to trace where people are at any given time.  Learn to love Google. 

I have coached people for interviews.  Hey, my services are free to #Uganda.  It is your life, not mine.
PS:  I only about CVs and Interviews for Multinationals as I hardly know anything about how Uganda hires.  

By Martha Leah Zesaguli (Nangalama)
Moncton, Canada
Born and Raised in Uganda



No comments:

Post a Comment